1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

app request

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by NafeesAhmed, Jun 23, 2013.

1. NafeesAhmed

NafeesAhmed Newbie

sometimes my phone becomes short of RAM and terminates some of apps that i dont want to be stopped like multiscreen wallpapers and battery% , is there any app in which i can set my own priorities which apps should stopped and which dont !!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jae_63

jae_63 Android Enthusiast

There are several apps such as "Smart Memory Booster" which will do what you want, by adding selected apps to a "whitelist."

My guess is that this will make your device more sluggish.

3. NafeesAhmed

NafeesAhmed Newbie

then what should i do ? its really annoying when those apps terminates -_-
    and one more thing when i go to manage apps >show running apps> i calculated the RAM used by all apps those were there but phone was showing around 20mb free RAM but actual free RAM was more than 100mb ? why ? i really dont understand how android does calculations :D

4. jae_63

jae_63 Android Enthusiast

Maybe I'm wrong and this app will do what you want. It's worth a try. I think that it will probably be able to "defend" a few of your apps from getting killed, but you will pay a price with system responsiveness.

Make sure that you understand the difference between RAM and internal storage. You probably do ...

There are lots of articles describing android's RAM usage strategy, "process lifecycle" etc.

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

It terminates those things because you are running something that needs more RAM tham available. If you try to stop Android from killing those while another app is demanding RAM, your device will lag and possibly freeze.