• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App review for creating shortcuts on Home Screen to folders

DingoMan

Lurker
May 8, 2019
Just thought I'd write a short review of an app aptly named Shortcut Creator which I’m using on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 I recently purchased from T-Mobile. I was looking for a simple to use app that would allow me to put shortcuts to specific folders & files onto my home screen because I don’t want to go digging through my settings file folder menus to access media files that I frequently use. I tried several different kinds of short cut creators but found they either were not suitable for my purposes or they were too complicated to set up. I finally discovered this app on Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alextern.shortcuthelper and I love it! Shortcut Creator is very easy to use and it let me put shortcuts to songs, photos, videos and documents on my home page. I definitely recommend this app.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones