1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

App shortcuts remains after uninstalling.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jcroot, Feb 9, 2011.

1. jcroot

jcroot Lurker

Hello Guys!

I am new to this forum and I find all the info here really worth it and interesting... I found this forum while searching for a problem that I am currently having with one of the apps that I installed and uninstalled after realizing that it was useless. I am talking about the itag (the mp3 tag editor). Well the problem is that after uninstalling this app I still see the itag shortcut when trying to add an app to one of my home screen, i looked for this app in my device but I couldn't find it (it is uninstalled) but I was just wondering why the shortcut is still there?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Android Expert

What happens if you click the shortcut?

3. poopookakada

poopookakada Android Enthusiast

Had the same problem on my DHD for a while. I know it seems basic, but have you restarted the phone? It did it for me :)

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Welcome to the forums, jcroot.

As poopookakada points out, a reboot can wash out the RAM and perhaps the old, uninstalled app/widget icons.

Also, it's a good idea prior to uninstalling to go into the application manager and clear cache and data, especially on apps/widgets that have their tentacles spread around the OS, such as editing apps, etc.

I've even had to take the trouble to reinstall an app just so it could reappear in the application manager so I could find it and clear data, etc, then uninstall again and reboot.

5. jcroot

jcroot Lurker

Thanks, that worked for me!

6. jcroot

jcroot Lurker

Thanks for your suggestion, should I re-install the apps that I removed without without clearing the cache & data? I mean the Itag (mp3 tag editor) was the only one giving me some problems so I am not sure if I should re-install the apps that I removed without clearing the cache & data again.

Also, since I bought my phone I have a notification voicemail update message, i tried to update several times but it fails every time i try, i searched google and I found some custom flash zip files but I am really new to android and there is not instruction on how to fix this voicemail update problem or how to flash those zip file. Any ideas?

7. poopookakada

poopookakada Android Enthusiast

no worries :) it's normally the simple things ;)

8. zajanica

zajanica Lurker

Im trying to delete apps and cant... I would appreciate any help anyone could give me on that

9. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Can you give us a little more information? How are you trying to uninstall apps? There are many ways to do it. Have you tried this? Menu->Settings->Applications->Manage Applications, then find the app you want to uninstall under the all tab. Once you select it, you should be able to select the option uninstall. Are you saying you can't do that? If so, what is happening when you try?

Oh, and welcome :).

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews