• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App so kido can highlight word in ebook......

mejustme30

Lurker
Apr 28, 2011
I am looking for an app for either a smartphone and/or tablet. I want to get my middle schoolers text books in ebook format and have the ability for her to highlight a word she can not read and have it spoken to her.

I am not really looking for an app to read the whole book, just something to assist with words she does not know. So she can go along reading on her own but have some help with a word if she needs it.

Is there anything out there that does this?

As far as I'm aware, any e-books on your phone would be in pdf format, and for a program to recognize a word and repeat it it'd need to be integrated with the reader... for which there aren't any. Kindles (and i assume other e-readers) have functions on some books where they read the whole book aloud to you... but i'm not even sure if that works on the phone/tablet apps, and even if it did it wouldn't be able to just select one word to read.

soo... i'm pretty sure that no, there's nothing out there that does that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones