1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[APP] SourcesPro - unique graphics creation app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by calderwa, Jun 23, 2013.

1. calderwa

calderwa Lurker

[​IMG]

Hi!
    I'd like to tell you about a program I have on Google Play Market.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.fordartworks.SourcesGL.pro

SourcesPro is, I think, genuinely unique. It is a kind of generative graphics app, which lets you combine simple repeating "sources" and see what happens. Since a picture is worth the proverbial... calderwa's deviantART gallery The app also animates these images, so you can watch the interactions change. On a decent modern device, high quality output images up to 2000 pixels per side can be created. A small, composite image is shown above.

There is also a free version with some limitations - no fancy functions, small output only, 2 min pause after 20 mins of use.

This is a deep program with countless permutations. Maybe not for the casual user, it is probably more for the arty/creative type who likes messing about with photoshop or fractals, perhaps. It is a program to explore, to see "what if". It currently supports single level undo/redo, but multi-level is coming soon.

I hope you find this app of interest, I'm not aware of anything else just like it. This is literally my first effort at actually marketing it. Sources requires a bit of learning, but it produces images that no other graphics program on any platform, that I'm aware of, could manage without huge effort.

Thanks,
    Alan
    FordArtWorks - design, coding, art

[​IMG]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. PixelPower

PixelPower Member

Thats a pretty useful app, thanks for sharing. My tools cant build programs like that yet, your a pretty good developer.

calderwa likes this.
  3. calderwa

calderwa Lurker

Hi.
    Another composite of images created with SourcesPro. You can make individual images up to 2000 pixels on a side, so they can be printed, used for wallpapers, etc.

[​IMG]

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.fordartworks.SourcesGL.pro

A number of new things are coming soon - new waveforms, new functions, accel/decel waves, kaleidoscope mode and multi-level undo/redo. I put in stuff that I want to play with! [​IMG]

Cheers,
    Alan

4. calderwa

calderwa Lurker

SourcesPro
    Some cool new stuff coming in the next release - new waveforms, images up to 4000 pixels/side, accel/decel sources (as in the examples below) and multi-level undo/redo. These images both use just two sources to generate them. Thanks for your time!

Amazon Google

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EarlyMon likes this.
  5. calderwa

calderwa Lurker

Hi, Folks.
    Well, it's been a while, but v1.3 of SourcesPro is finally out, with many new features and improvements. One of the biggest is the ability to set your design as a live wallpaper on your Android device. This uses the new, free live wallpaper app - SourcesWP. Have a look at the demo video - well up to my usual standard, alas, but the app is cool. There are 18 built-in wallpapers, and you can bring these into SourcesPro for editing, or you can make new wallpapers from scratch.​

Thanks.​