1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support app space on the desire

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by james_uk, Mar 12, 2011.

1. james_uk

james_uk Android Enthusiast
    None

May 27, 2010
    Male
    Liverpool, uk
    Hi, not sure if anyone can advise me? I have an HTC Desire, i really dont have that many apps, compared to some people anyway, i think roughly about 20 apps / games in all.

I have moved every app to the sdcard that my 'manage apps' says that can be moved, yet still there shows a lot that just cannot be moved at all, some of these are standard apps or games that i dont understand why they have to stay on the phone memory as its only a game.

My device is says low space now and i dont actually have any more apps that will allow me to move them?

I thought in android 2.2 i could move any app to the sdcard but it seems not, it seems only some can, not enough by the looks.

are there any apps that can force apps to move?

I was going to move jorge but it says in the app that if i move it to the sdcrad i cannot use the widget any more, whyever not? lol

anyway some advice would be nice if anyone can help.

James

Advertisement

2. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 27, 2010
    England
    20 apps + low space doesn't sound right to me,might want to try a factory reset.

You can't move all apps to the SD card, the developer has to add it to the app to enable it.

You could try this,if that doesn't work for you you can always root.

Edit- You might want to take a look in manage applications and sort by size to see if there's anything out of the ordinary aswell.

3. james_uk

james_uk Android Enthusiast
    None

May 27, 2010
    Male
    Liverpool, uk
    well the biggest app seems to be adobe flash, and i must admid i dont actually play and flash games on the internet, do you think i really need it?

here are the 21 apps that are on my phone, there is some others but they are on the sdcard.

adobe flash 10.1 - 11.29mb
    maps - 9.76mb
    whatsapp - 6.39mb
    facebook 4.6mb
    gmail - 4.46mb
    dictionary - 4.28mb
    first aid app - 4.23mb
    market - 4.11mb
    astro file manager - 3.56mb
    keypurr - 3.02mb
    your orange - 1.51mb
    yell - 1.46mb
    youtube - 1.3mb
    htc sync - 1.16mb

and 8 other apps, but are all under 1mb

The funny thing is, the biggest apps there i dont even use, ive never really used maps, i dont use flash on websites, or very rarly if the website happens to have it, i mainly stick to my bookmarks which dont use it. i dont actually use the facebook or gmail apps and prefer to connect to facebook through the bookmark, and they are all taking up the majority of my space.

does that list look about right now though for the space used or i it still smallish and shouldnt be causing an issue?

4. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    The desire comes with 148 MB internal storage available, and the apps you list here (including the 8 small ones) come to about 65 MB. But the internal storage is used for other stuff as well: your browser caches, contact storage, etc. So for example, have a look at Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Contact Storage and see how much space is being used - that sometimes gets out of control, e.g. http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/101116-contacts-storage-27mb.html

5. sid52

sid52 Member
    None

Mar 30, 2010
    You can install Facebook and Flash 10 back to their basic settings. Also get app2sd to check if any can be sent to SD. It will also check and clear your cache which could help.
    Sid

6. sid52

sid52 Member
    None

Mar 30, 2010
    Looking at your list again, it seems your dictionary app is storing its data in phone memory instead of SD. I have advanced English dict, 1mb,.and free dict,.300kb

Tags: