• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App suggestion: Cooking planning app

DavidMax

Lurker
Jan 14, 2016
I would like an app that would assist cooking a meal. As far as I have been able to find such an app doesn't currently exist so this might interest a developer looking for app ideas.

The App would need to coordinate items to be ready at the same time. Each item might involve several stages. The App would say when to start a stage and when a stage was complete and start the next. Anyone interested?

I have looked at this now, thanks for suggestion. It does most of what I am looking for. What it lacks is breaking an item into stages. For example a roast may require roasting foil covered except for last 20 minutes then rested and then carved. It would be perfect to know when to start each new stage.

Because this app does so much of what I was looking for I have emailed the developer and suggested the above as a potential enhancement. Maybe straight forward maybe not. Depends how it was designed. Not yet heard back from the developer.

Thanks again for information.

Upvote 0
http://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-cooking-apps-and-android-recipe-apps-569735/

I don't have the app, but I do read the web pages. Most of the recipes do give a timeline. Some will start with sauteing meat and preparing sauce in another pot, then tell you when to add ingredients before baking or putting food into a crockpot. You need to read the whole recipe.

I have a Multi-cooker and have used recipes from All Recipes and Food Network.

I also bake sourdough.

Upvote 0
http://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-cooking-apps-and-android-recipe-apps-569735/

I don't have the app, but I do read the web pages. Most of the recipes do give a timeline. Some will start with sauteing meat and preparing sauce in another pot, then tell you when to add ingredients before baking or putting food into a crockpot. You need to read the whole recipe.

I have a Multi-cooker and have used recipes from All Recipes and Food Network.

I also bake sourdough.

Thanks but altogether a different type of App albeit useful.

The App I want is one which will tell me as I cook a complicated meal, say Christmas dinner, what to do next and keep track of a countdown and alarm when to do it in order that all aspects of the meal come together at the same desired eating time. Your Apps are recipe Apps I believe.

The App in the previous reply is the best fit so far, see my reply to that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones