• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[App suggestion] Other options to wake the phone besides the power button?

pthickett

Lurker
Sep 21, 2013
Hey Guys,

I just got the HTC One, switching from iPhone so its taking me some time, so far so good though.

My only gripe so far is having to use the tiny button right at the top of the phone to wake it up. Its taking me some time to get used to it.

As a workaround after googling it for a while I bought an app called Wake Up Screen. I have tried both the high sensitivity wake so it lights up when I pick it up, and also the proximity sensor. Both work well, until I put my phone in my pocket and walk around. Obviously then its going to keep waking up an drain the battery?

Does anyone have any advice on how I can get around this problem? I really wish the home button woke it up, but I don't want to root it!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones