• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[App] [Support] Titanium Backup

You've already signed into your Google account?

For me when installing titanium via Flashable zip, need to sign into Google then a reboot and it then should show up as pro without downloading the key again.
No I did not. The instructions say to install everything first and then create the Google account. So by following the instructions I was not able to log into the play store and get the key since the account was created last. Should the instructions be updated to say create a google account first, get the key, and then install everything?

Upvote 0
No I did not. The instructions say to install everything first and then create the Google account. So by following the instructions I was not able to log into the play store and get the key since the account was created last. Should the instructions be updated to say create a google account first, get the key, and then install everything?

Did you back up both TiBu and it's Pro Key with Android Assistant? You want to make sure you reinstall both, otherwise you can only restore one app at a time since the batch options are only available with the paid version.

You can log in to the Google account, but you want to be very very careful not to allow it (Google) to restore anything. It's just easier and safer to log into it after you're all finished. Helps prevent an oops. :p

When you're installing and you get to the bits where it asks you about Google backing things up to it's servers and restoring make sure neither box is ticked, or you say no to both.

Upvote 0
Everyone has their own way of going about this, but for the full version, a sign in to Google is needed to link the key to titanium for license verification.

Nah. If it's backed up already on the SD then there is no need. When you get to the bits where TiBu asks to restore the previous device ID, that takes care of any verifications needed for paid apps.

Reactions: MacFett
Upvote 0
Everyone has their own way of going about this, but for the full version, a sign in to Google is needed to link the key to titanium for license verification.
For batch restores then, sign into google, grab key only (I'm guessing other apps won't start downloading automatically) and then use TiBu to restore.
Did you back up both TiBu and it's Pro Key with Android Assistant? You want to make sure you reinstall both, otherwise you can only restore one app at a time since the batch options are only available with the paid version.

You can log in to the Google account, but you want to be very very careful not to allow it (Google) to restore anything. It's just easier and safer to log into it after you're all finished. Helps prevent an oops. :p

When you're installing and you get to the bits where it asks you about Google backing things up to it's servers, and restoring make sure neither box is ticked, or you say no to both.
Well, I know up above you suggested maybe trying AA, but I decided to give it a go with TiBu instead. :D So I was following your tutorial and backed up everything using TiBu Pro. However, when it came time for the restore, it mentioned to install everything first, then sign into google. Like I mentioned, I'm anal about following instructions, so that's what I did. I'm wondering if the guide should not be updated to say "sign into google play store and get the key only, while avoiding xyz" where xyz is whatever you think needs to be avoided with the google servers. I assumed that's the way to do it, but I try not to venture off the instructions my first time round. Now that I know a little more of what I'm doing, I don't mind being a little more daring. ;)

Upvote 0
Nah. If it's backed up already on the SD then there is no need. When you get to the bits where TiBu asks to restore the previous device ID, that takes care of any verifications needed for paid apps.
I never got asked about previous device ID. I backed things up per the instructions (I believe) but I don't think the key was backed up to the card.

Upvote 0
It won't always ask about the device ID, and it's ok if it doesn't.

Honestly I'm not sure why it only saved the free version. It should have saved things properly when you created the update zip.

One of the many reasons I use AA for backing up all my apps... just in case something goes wonky and does not work the way it should.

You can download the Pro key from the Play store. Not sure if they'll all start downloading or not... they shouldn't as long as you skipped that bit during the OS install. If for some reason they do, you should be able to stop the downloads.

Upvote 0
It won't always ask about the device ID, and it's ok if it doesn't.

Honestly I'm not sure why it only saved the free version. It should have saved things properly when you created the update zip.

One of the many reasons I use AA for backing up all my apps... just in case something goes wonky and does not work the way it should.

You can download the Pro key from the Play store. Not sure if they'll all start downloading or not... they shouldn't as long as you skipped that bit during the OS install. If for some reason they do, you should be able to stop the downloads.
OK, so normally, when creating the TiBu.zip file, the key should be a part of it? And if not, go into the play store, grab the key only and proceed?

Upvote 0
I done it lolol finally, I restored all my widgets on pa2.55. I am really really happy now wow

I think the singha_ROM_SuperWipe helped

1. backup apps and data with tb [copy it to pc]
2. make a backup applications widgets with tb [copy it to pc]
3. do singha_ROM_SuperWipe and flash rom
3. [copy tb folder to tablet ] restored missing apps and data with tb
4. make a backup apex settings and data
5. restored applications widgets with tb [copy it to tablet ]
6. restored apex settings and data [copy it to tablet ]
7. reboot
done

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
2. Can Titanium Backup have different numbers of backup for different apps? For example: I want to have up to ten backups for some games, but I only need one backup per app for everything else.
You can set the maximum number of backups, but it's a global variable.

You could of course copy older backups of some apps to another folder, so they won't be overwritten by the next backup. Or you can manually delete older backups of apps you only want one backup of (annoying if you have to do this for a lot of apps). But I don't see an option to set the max backup history differently for different apps.

Upvote 0
I done it lolol finally, I restored all my widgets on pa2.55. I am really really happy now wow

I think the singha_ROM_SuperWipe helped

1. backup apps and data with tb [copy it to pc]
2. make a backup applications widgets with tb [copy it to pc]
3. do singha_ROM_SuperWipe and flash rom
3. [copy tb folder to tablet ] restored missing apps and data with tb
4. make a backup apex settings and data
5. restored applications widgets with tb [copy it to tablet ]
6. restored apex settings and data [copy it to tablet ]
7. reboot
done

I decided to do he singha_ROM_SuperWipe, and flashed pa255 and restored my apps\data

but I can't restore all of widgets again I don't know why

anyone know why?

Upvote 0
Do you mean that the widgets don't restore themselves to the desktop and you have to replace them by hand, or that the apps themselves do not restore from the backup?

The first is completely normal. Any time you clear a launcher's settings and restore you have to replace the widgets (shortcuts should be ok). In my experience that's true if you use the launcher's own backup feature or Titanium. It's a feature of how widgets work.

A nandroid restore will replace everything, but that's different.

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0
Do you mean that the widgets don't restore themselves to the desktop and you have to replace them by hand, or that the apps themselves do not restore from the backup?

The first is completely normal. Any time you clear a launcher's settings and restore you have to replace the widgets (shortcuts should be ok). In my experience that's true if you use the launcher's own backup feature or Titanium. It's a feature of how widgets work.

A nandroid restore will replace everything, but that's different.

ur wrong about restored the widgets,
I managed to restored all of widgets with tb.

but my problem is- I can't do it again lol I don't know why

Upvote 0
TB is strange on what it transfers and what it doesn't. One time it didn't transfer the paid keys to apps, I had to go get the keys again from Play. This time it transferred some databases for some apps and not for others. It did get all the paid keys.

I can't figure out where TB stored the info. I looked through everything on the phone with ES file explorer and couldn't find the lists. Yet they were stored in the backup I made of the Nexus S by direct TF to PC before I changed to the Nexus 4.

Upvote 0
Titanium Backup's restore feature does not see all the apps in my backup.

I have a rooted Samsung Infuse with 2.6.35.7 (CyanogenMod) that I have backed up and synched to DropBox.

I am trying to copy my apps to my new rooted Samsung Galaxy Note II with Jelly Bean 4.1.1.

I copied all of the files in the Titanium Backukp folder on DropBox to the backup destination folder on my Note II.

When I try to restore them, very few are displayed in the selection box. I click the check mark at the top of the screen, scroll down to restore missing apps, and see what little is offered.

How do I get the apps from one phone to the other leaving out some I no longer use in the process?

Also, why zipsigner? Someone asked but withdrew their question. What role would it play in this process? ...and, yes, I have the paid version of TiBu.

Upvote 0
I did determine that I could get what I needed by selecting backup/restore and selecting the apps I wanted in the list. One....at.....a......time....ugh. Some had several backups listed some that did not have a restore button.

Some could be restored with data, some only offered data, and others could not be restored but I got there.

Now I'll go back to just using it.

Upvote 0
What is going on with TB? Got an error message today about not being able to get root access. Something about Superuser popped up on screen.

I have it scheduled for backup on Tues and Sat. There was some kind of update recently. Stuff OK before update. Got something called SuperSU that said update.
Where did that come from? Do I delete it? Is that malware?

AFAIK, the phone is still rooted, it still says 4.2 like it did when I rooted it. So something's screwy.

Please respond as I want my backups.

Upvote 0
What is going on with TB? Got an error message today about not being able to get root access. Something about Superuser popped up on screen.

I have it scheduled for backup on Tues and Sat. There was some kind of update recently. Stuff OK before update. Got something called SuperSU that said update.
Where did that come from? Do I delete it? Is that malware?

AFAIK, the phone is still rooted, it still says 4.2 like it did when I rooted it. So something's screwy.

Please respond as I want my backups.

If SuperSU updated, you probably need to reassign permissions. Go to your app drawer, open up SuperSU and grant TiBU permission.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones