• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help App that boosts mobile signal during calls at the cost of power consumption

I am looking for an app to enable highest mobile signal when I am in a call (receive or make) at the cost of increased power consumption

The reason for this is I face drop calls during cell coverage transmission mainly from GSM to WCDMA.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums r0nnieng!

Short answer, there isn't one.

If a signal is rubbish there is nothing you can do about it on an unrooted phone. Any apps that claim they can boost the call signal, without root access, are probably fibbing. Nothing will change the baseband, also known as the modem or radio, attached to your current, stock, Samsung, firmware. On rooted devices you can flash different modems that may, or may not, work a little better for your carrier and/or location. See, Latest modems and also, here.

However, nothing that you can do will improve the signal strength/coverage that is broadcast by your carrier. Your best bet is to complain to your service provider.

Reactions: Mr. Lucky
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones