1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

App that disables passcode when connected to ssid?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FrayAdjacent, Mar 10, 2011.

1. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Android Enthusiast

I swear a while back I saw an application that will enable or disable the lock screen passcode when it is/is not in range of specific SSIDs.... I can't find it and have been searching several forums...

Anyone got any idea what it is?

I have both a DX and a Nook Color, and would really like to use a passcode, but when I'm at work or at home, it would be REALLY annoying to have to enter the pass code every time I want to check either device... yet it would be nice to have it enable if I'm not at home or the office.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BookLover

BookLover Android Expert

3. FrayAdjacent

I didn't think it was Tasker... unless it was a plugin for it.

I'm using Locale on my Droid X... certainly don't want to duplicate functions.

ETA: I haven't ever taken a serious look at Tasker. I just did. Holy Schnikies! It looks amazingly powerful! I think I'm going to have to get it, but will have to wait until I have some time at home to go through tutorials and really figure it out. Also need to figure out if it will work with a couple Locale plugins I have.

4. FrayAdjacent

Went ahead and got Tasker. Installed on my Nook, and HOLY ****! I can't read anything! The color scheme is AWEFUL! I thought to myself: "self, no self-respecting developer would do this to his customers..." so I went ahead and installed it on my DX. Ahh... I can READ it!

Can't figure out why the F it would look horrible on my Nook, but look fine on my DX. Set up a couple profiles... we'll see how it works out.

Oh, I also haven't found the option in there to enable or disable the passcode for the lock screen. Admittedly, I haven't had much time to poke at it since I'm at work.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

The only way to disable the passcode is to disable the keyguard. That actually turns off everything - swipe to unlock, protection from certain keys waking your phone up, everything. You press a button and boom, the desktop is there.

I have this set up for a certain bluetooth profile - if I'm paired with my stereo headphones, it disables my keyguard.

6. FrayAdjacent

Damn... I don't really want THAT... If I set it on my DX and it's in my pocket...

Meh. Well, Tasker is hella awesome without it. I'm pretty sure the app I was thinking about was a separate app that only did the passcode/SSID thing... I'm gonna keep looking...

7. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

It's not too bad, the only problem button is the camera button. The rest will rarely get pressed in your pocket but the camera button is easy to mash.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews