1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support App that provides control over notifications

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by carci, Mar 14, 2011.

1. carci

carci Lurker
    None

Mar 14, 2011
    I am looking to control my notifications better than what I have been able to do with the standard settings available on the Droid 2.

I would like to be able to change notifications sounds based on time of day and possibly also based on location. Also, would like to control notifications for SMS seperately from email, etc.

Any SMS message at night needs to wake me since there is probably an issue at work, but I do not want to hear email notifications at night. I would like to have an SMS notification to be louder at night than in the day and also would like the notification sound to play again after so many seconds/minutes at night if I haven't acknowledged as a retry. The ability to retry the notifications x number of times at night would be very important to me.

Are there a few applications to choose from? I am looking for something that is reliable.

I have seen some talk of Tasker and Locale. Would either one be better for the types of things above? Is there a free alternative that would be good enough?

Advertisement

2. 3devious

3devious Android Expert
    None

Oct 28, 2009
    Washington, DC area
    I've read that Locale is pretty good. GeoNote will give you reminders based on location/time of day, but I think those are just reminders. I think the most robust solution is Locale. I also control sms/voicemail notifications (as in whether or not there are any) through Google Voice. If you find other solutions please share them!