• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root app that roots, install roms, wifi tether for you

How easy is it to unroot with this app? I read in the app description that there is a return to stock option but I couldn't find any details in the 20+ page threads on the droidforum. Anyone know or try it? Does it leave behind apps when returning to stock like other, early ROMs did?

Upvote 0
How easy is it to unroot with this app? I read in the app description that there is a return to stock option but I couldn't find any details in the 20+ page threads on the droidforum. Anyone know or try it? Does it leave behind apps when returning to stock like other, early ROMs did?

When you run the updater you are given a choice of the SholesMod or the stock 2.0.1 with no root. I have not tried going back but it should be easy if you just follow the on screen instructions.

Upvote 0
Ok so I downloaded and rooted today, it was very easy and I like it a lot. I do have some questions/concerns though.

1. The 2.1 launcher it came with is super buggy, anyone else experiencing this?
2. I got setCPU and I put it at 800 Max and 550 min and my homescreen lagged a little, but when I put it at 800 max and 800 min its fine, is it ok to do this?
3. How do I install roms? I would like to put bugless beast or 2.1 on my DROID.
4. Tethering wont work either

Thanks a lot guys!

Upvote 0
O.K.

I want to make this work in the worst way, but I am having some problems. Lets get into the history so that you have the whole story. I downloaded and paid the 5 bucks for the app (well worth it if I can get this to work). I followed the instructions but when I got the black screen, I didn't realize that it was going to take so long to load. I waited about a minute or two, shut down the phone and ran the app again. I did this about 7 times before I found out that I had to wait a lot longer. I finally waited about 45 minutes to an hour, received about 10 forceclose/wait ( I selected wait) and it finally loaded. It downloaded the backup thingy but got stuck at 99 percent for about 20 minutes. It finally finished and like I said if it were to work, I would love it! SO fast and smooth with 800mhz with setCPU. My problem is that It keeps locking up on me. 5 times in about 3 hours. I have to pull the battery each time to fix it. Should I start from scratch and try to install it again? If so, what steps should I take to make sure it's done right?

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
I am at select packages to install, do i remove the * on the ones I want?

OK I deselected (no *) what I did not want.

Rebooting!

On redeye for a while!

Got 2.0 unlock!

Downloading setCPU.

I am only seeing 550 max in setCPu what should I do?

I am trying a re-flash may of deselected something by mistake.

Still no 800 hz I am rebooting.

Upvote 0
Ok so I downloaded and rooted today, it was very easy and I like it a lot. I do have some questions/concerns though.

2. I got setCPU and I put it at 800 Max and 550 min and my homescreen lagged a little, but when I put it at 800 max and 800 min its fine, is it ok to do this?

Thanks a lot guys!

DO NOT DO 800 min and max...min should be as low as possible

Upvote 0
1. same exp as you
2. max 800, min low as possible
3. ?
4. Tethering worked for me on my macbook pro os x 10.4.11. if you have a mac i can walk you through what i did.

Thanks a lot guys!

Upvote 0
I put my droid to the test all day with the sholes. Now i have not tried bugless beast so I can not compare it. After i romoved jit and installed home switcher and switched to the default home it has been good FOR ME. Bluetooth worked, music, camera, texting, it all worked for me. For those using it, even though you do not have to be an expert it is best to go the the obtain root, root your droid website to atleast be familiar what is going on with your device. To root or not, bugless or sholes is up to you. I am not getting a cut from either party so i am not gonna push either way. I am just telling u im rooted oc at 800 and running smooth (I prefer 800 over 1000, yeah im scared to go that high lol).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones