• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App that speaks name of song

erkme73

Jun 11, 2010
I can't imagine that this doesn't already exist. I just don't know how to search for it...

I have so many songs on my EVO - many of which I haven't even heard before. I'd love for the PICO text to speech voice to 'announce' the [file]name of each song as they start to play (or end, or both).

Does such a thing exist?

That came across wrong...

I have many albums where I "know" only a few of the songs. They're all identified by the file name or in the mp3 ID info.

I just wanted a player or plug-in that would read the file name of the mp3 out loud or through earphones so I know what song it is while I'm cycling (it's impractical, if not outright dangerous to try to read my screen while road biking with traffic). I've probably heard all of the 1000+ song several times by now, but without looking at the screen I wouldn't be able to tell you who the band is or what the name of the song is. It'd just be nice to inject the name into the audio stream to help me close the gap...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones