• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App that turns on screen briefly when SMS is recieved?

dvdqnoc

Android Enthusiast
Sep 7, 2009
Is there an app that turns on the screen when an SMS is recieved? I have found one called SMSAwake, and its great and simple, but only turns the screen on for 5 seconds. If there was one out there with which you could customize the duration of the screen turning on, that would be great (perhaps 7-8 seconds?)

Is there an app that turns on the screen when an SMS is recieved? I have found one called SMSAwake, and its great and simple, but only turns the screen on for 5 seconds. If there was one out there with which you could customize the duration of the screen turning on, that would be great (perhaps 7-8 seconds?)

Handcent!

Upvote 0
SMS Popup just does this and is what I use. Handcent on the other hand, does do this too, but Handcent is a much bulkier app since it is a replacement for the entire messaging app altogether. So, if you just want something that just does what you described, then I would use SMS Popup.

I can't get SMS Popup to turn the screen on unless it also displays a popup. If I disable the popup option the screen no longer turns on, am i missing something?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones