• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App that vibrates repeatedly for notifcations?

waitreally

May 6, 2010
I use Google Voice for all SMS notifications. I use the Gmail application for my email.

Does anyone know of an application that will vibrate my phone at a certain interval, e.g., every 2 minutes, until I actually open my phone and acknowledge that I've received the notification?

I would LOVE THIS! I used to have a phone that did this and it came in handy. I find that my Incredible's vibrations are a little light, and I often miss important texts when it's on vibrate.

Thanks!

You can also make the vibe much longer with that program. Those 2 little vibes don't cut it. Only downside with this configuration is I liked using the status bar notification instead b/c checking those directly opens the GV app. So I had to deal with multiple notifications for the same thing which bugged me or disable the status bar notifications and manually open the GV app afterward. Just a thought.

Upvote 0
SMS Popup works great, but the problem is that it doesn't work directly with Google Voice's app.

I'd use the default SMS app, but then I run into two problems: it doesn't support Google Voice's visual voicemail feature and it shows Google Voice contacts as weird numbers.

Is there anything can can use the Google Voice app and also do this?

Upvote 0
What would really be great is if there was an application that just repeated notifications. That's all. So the apps themselves, like Google Voice, Gmail, etc. would send the initial, and then the other app would just allow you to set repeat notifications and set how many until it stops. That seems like it would make the most sense.

Upvote 0
And Gmail notifier is great, but now I realized that the app needs a limit to "X" number of repeat notifications feature. If I get an email in the middle of the night, that would be terrible. SMS Popup has this, but again, doesn't integrate with Google Voice.

I have a Setting Profiles rule and profile that turns off sound and vibration when the phone is plugged into power during sleep hours -- solves that problem :D

Upvote 0
I have a Setting Profiles rule and profile that turns off sound and vibration when the phone is plugged into power during sleep hours -- solves that problem :D

Settings Profile works but there is a GREAT automatic settings app called Timeriffic in the Market...its free too. Can set time of day and actions for wifi, ALLLLLL volumes, vibration, etc etc etc...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones