• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App that will keep track of money spent?

omgu8myrice

Oct 17, 2010
This is going to sound extremely petty.. but here it goes.

My gf and I argue a lot over who has to pay for things. It really bothers me, but she somehow thinks that she pays more because she picks up the tab a lot when we get like a soda, but I'm always paying for dates, dinners, etc, and sometimes it gets old. It wouldn't even be an issue, but whenever I don't pay for something for her, she always points out something she bought for me, even if it was just something she paid for to make up for something I previously paid for. Even worse is the fact that I'm in college with no job, and she's a nurse making almost 60 grand/year.

Now, with that story out the way.. haha. I'm wonder if there is an app that will simply just keep a running total of dollar amounts? I just want to be able to add in money whenever one of us pays, and see who pays more for a while. So far, all I can find are these crazy expense/bill paying apps that are way more than I need. All I need is a calculator that can keep a running tab!

Thanks guys

If your bickering about money now and your just dating then dump her because it will only get worse. I would say keep her if she paid for everything but with her being that tight with money and she makes 60K more a year than you then wait till you get a real job and she makes her money and spends yours... dump her before she makes you sign a prenump (or kids) and keeps all you ever make

But the fascinate calculator will keep a running tab it is called history.... what you should make your girlfriend

Upvote 0
If money is an issue, start splitting checks and each of you buy your own stuff. Seriously, it's not worth arguing over. :)

I don't know of an app to keep a running tab of money spent, other than Mint. I use that to keep track of all my finances, but I don't think it will do what you want.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones