• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App that will show who the Carrier is?

Upvote 0
There are websites you can go to that will tell you info about your carrier etc

One example was amibeingtracked.com with several screenshots posted in this thread...
http://androidforums.com/threads/super-cookies-are-we-being-tracked-again.939277/#post-7068566
.... although it appears to have discontinued the service since that thread was active (no longer works for me today).

If a website meets your needs, let us know. I'm sure I can google one up.

I have followed that website before..... info on My carrier, which is Verizon is not the question posed.

I want to know "what carrier" my phone is using "right now" ??
ie, it is roaming out there somewhere, but on what carrier is it roaming onto?

I have a technical background in electronics, and I am just plain nosey.... I want to know everything, even if it is "super secret". :rofl:

Upvote 0
Since I started this thread, I have found this app, which does everything I asked for and tons more. It was recommended by "Iowa" back in post #6
the heck of it was, it never was installed on a HomePage and was lost in the Apps Drawer... so I forgot about it.... that happens to us old grass landers after 73 years. :(

* Network Signal Info Pro - Android Apps on Google Play

It displays the provider, and every other technical aspect that you can think of.

there is a free version, that is not quite as useful.

* Network Signal Info - Android Apps on Google Play

On the picture below, note it says "Data State: Disconnected.
that is because I always leave DATA off unless I am away from home and need the internet.
WiFi is always on.

Screenshot_2015-11-10-00-47-51.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones