• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help App that's hiding...

The app is called "Screen Cut".
If you are talking about this app , then that is an ad-on for a browser called Dolphin. Its not meant to work as a stand alone app, you need to use it through that browser. I haven't used Dolphin browser (in fact this is the first time I heard about it). But if you already have it installed, then Screen cut should be available as an option somewhere in there.

Reactions: DroidRick
Upvote 0
If you are talking about this app , then that is an ad-on for a browser called Dolphin. Its not meant to work as a stand alone app, you need to use it through that browser. I haven't used Dolphin browser (in fact this is the first time I heard about it). But if you already have it installed, then Screen cut should be available as an option somewhere in there.

Thanks Phoenix. That is the app I was referring to. I didn't have Dolphin installed but just tried it out now. Dolphin is interesting.
Screen Cut however captures images at a poor reading quality so it's
not really usable.

Upvote 0
Thanks Phoenix. That is the app I was referring to. I didn't have Dolphin installed but just tried it out now. Dolphin is interesting.
Screen Cut however captures images at a poor reading quality so it's
not really usable.

If your phone is rooted then you can use a tool like ShootMe to capture screen shots of any application (including web pages) exactly the way you see them on your screen.

Upvote 0
If your phone is rooted then you can use a tool like ShootMe to capture screen shots of any application (including web pages) exactly the way you see them on your screen.

Thanks. I will probably eventually root my phone as I understand it can do many more things than un-rooted. For now, as it's a new phone I will leave things be.

I understand that once you root you void your warranty and also risk bricking your machine if you mess up.

Upvote 0
Thanks. I will probably eventually root my phone as I understand it can do many more things than un-rooted. For now, as it's a new phone I will leave things be.

I understand that once you root you void your warranty and also risk bricking your machine if you mess up.

Technically it could void the warranty, but I don't think your network operator or Samsung will check to see if you have rooted. Especially if you run in to a serious firmware error (i.e phone stops booting, wont let you log in etc..) , they will simply flash it without checking for anything else. There are also ways to unroot or at least remove traces of having root access. And rooting is pretty safe if you follow the instructions properly. Bricking a SGS (in the old sense of the word) is almost impossible if you have the 3 button recovery mode.

But having said that, if the phone is still very new, then its a good idea to give it some time and test all the functions to make sure that it works properly, before rooting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones