• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App to block calls?

Askeptic

Lurker
Feb 24, 2016
Hello,

Verizon has stripped the ability from my Android phone to block incoming calls by number, or anything like it. They want me to pay an additional monthly fee to add this feature back through their website...

Does anyone know of an app that can handle this function for me? I refuse to give Vz another cent for anything.

Thanks.

Also, your phone should have a call blocker built in. What phone and android version do you have?
I assume that he has a Turbo 2. The T2 does not have an app for this.

I don't get very many unwanted calls at all, so what works for me is this: I created a contact called "Spammer" and I add any numbers to this contact as they come in. In the settings of the contact, you can set any calls to be ignored and go straight to voice mail. Of course this means that you get one call that gets through, but it works for me.

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0
Hi Tube517,

Thank you for your reply, I will check those apps out. I have a Motorola Droid Trubo 2 running Android version 5.1.1. From what I have read on other forums, the reason I do not have the caller block feature is that Verizon has stripped it from the phone. I can however pay Verizon a monthly fee and be able to block calls via their online webpage.

Thanks.

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0

I don't get very many unwanted calls at all, so what works for me is this: I created a contact called "Spammer" and I add any numbers to this contact as they come in. In the settings of the contact, you can set any calls to be ignored and go straight to voice mail. Of course this means that you get one call that gets through, but it works for me.

LOL. I didn't even look where the OP posted. I thought I was in the Android Questions section.

I did the exact same thing you did. I created a contact called "BAD NUMBER".

I have Lollipop now and the phone settings allows you to have a "reject list". I forgot if KitKat had this or not. I can't remember.

Upvote 0

Hi Doogald,

Thank you for that trick! I will give this a shot as well.

Upvote 0
Hi Tube517,

Thank you for your reply, I will check those apps out. I have a Motorola Droid Trubo 2 running Android version 5.1.1. From what I have read on other forums, the reason I do not have the caller block feature is that Verizon has stripped it from the phone. I can however pay Verizon a monthly fee and be able to block calls via their online webpage.

Thanks.

That sounds like an app (bloatware) app from Verizon. I'm on MetroPCS and they have something similar. No way I'm paying for that feature when I can get it free or it's already built in Android.

Are you saying that Verizon took away the built in call blocking feature in Android?

Upvote 0
That sounds like an app (bloatware) app from Verizon. I'm on MetroPCS and they have something similar. No way I'm paying for that feature when I can get it free or it's already built in Android.

Are you saying that Verizon took away the built in call blocking feature in Android?

That is how I believe it to be... That Vz stripped the feature out of the release before allowing it to get on our phones. At least, that is what I have read on other forums. I asked Vz about it and they directed me to their website to sign up for the ability to block certain call numbers. I think I get 10 for free, but anything over that translates to a monthly fee.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones