• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App to brick stolen Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

GOODTYMS

Lurker
Jan 16, 2013
I am reading about instructions on how to wipe a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 to factory default settings (erasing accounts and data). We recently had a home invasion where a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 was stolen. We did not have Samsung Dive configured. I do have the model and serial number of the unit. The unit is also pre-configured to use my dropbox account. I want to place a file in my dropbox and hope the thieves click on it. The file would reset my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 to default or ideally, brick it. I do not want the program to tell them these intentions. All I want to do is name the file something creative and hope they click on it. I hear another approach might be to place a mismatched firmware update in dropbox. One that would brick the device as someone attempts to update it. Just not sure where I find a firmware update that would brick it. Model: GT-P5113TSYXAR. Note: There should be a way to issue "MasterReset" when you know the serial number of the device. Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones