1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

App to clear cache from uninstalled apps?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by robv410, Nov 19, 2011.

1. robv410

robv410 Newbie
    None

Dec 4, 2010
    Hi everybody,

I was just sorting thru pictures using QuickPic and I turned on the option to see hidden folders. I was surprised to see a lot of folders pop up from apps that I no longer have on my phone.

When I first got my phone, I was trying several different Twitter apps. I no longer have Plume or Hootsuite, but the cache folders for each of those apps are still on my phone taking up valuable space.

I don't know anything about programming, but isn't that the dev's responsibility to make sure that your app is fully uninstalled?

My question is: Is there an app that can sort through the cache folders and determine if the corresponding app is uninstalled?

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Well, you should have cleared the apps cache before uninstalling, but I actually asked a similar question before and I was answered with a no. From then on I started clearing app date before uninstalling.

I do hope that there exists one now, as I still have a lot of leftover crapware in my phone and I'd like to not have to reformat the thing. :)

3. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    As of Android 2.2, there are special folders on the SD that apps con use to store stuff that will be removed when the user uninstalls the app.

Not all devs use this yet though.