1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

App to graph the RATE of battery discharge?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by moeburn, Dec 11, 2013.

1. moeburn

moeburn Newbie

There are lots of apps that can graph your battery charge % over time,
    There are a few apps that can list your Δ%/t, that is the amount of time it took to drop 1%, thus the rate at which the battery was used, such as BatteryDrain

I would like an app that will display the Δ%/t, like BatteryDrain, but in graph form instead of list form, so that I can see when my phone was using the battery very quickly, and when it was using it very slowly, over time.

Is there an app that can do this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

That depends on the version of Android. Jelly bean does that itself, showing both a graph of discharge and a list of percentage used by each service. I know there's at least one other app that does it - at least the graph (I used to use it in my Gingerbread phone), but since I'm running Jellybean I don't have it.

3. moeburn

moeburn Newbie

I'm not sure what my version of android is called, but I'm running 4.1.2, and it does come with a battery graph, but it only graphs the % charge over time. I want a graph of the RATE of discharge over time.

4. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

IOW, if the battery is discharging at 1 Amp, then it changes to 3/4 Amp, you want to graph -1/4?

There are lab battery monitors that do that, but since it's of no interest to most cellphone owners (it's of interest to people designing battery technologies, to monitor life versus delta-discharge), I don't think you'll find an app like that.