1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support App to import photos from sd card to tablet that will create folders

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, May 14, 2016.

1. Android Question

None
    Hello, I'm looking for an android app that will act like Windows Live Photo Gallery Import. This program is what I use when connecting my camera to my PC and I have it set up to create a folder for each date that pictures were taken and also an additional description. So if I have photos from 5/6/16 and 5/10/16 the program will create 2 folders - 2016-05-6 and 2016-05-10 and put the corresponding photos into the folders. I also could have added a description to each dated folder prior to import i.e. 2016-05-6 Redwood forest. I won't be online and want to move photos from the camera's sd card to the tablet into this kind of folder structure. I could do it manually, but that would be cumbersome, especially since while viewing the photos from the card, the date doesn't show. I don't necessarily need to add a description, just creating and putting the files into the folders would do. Thank you.

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    I don't believe there is an app that does all that you need. Manually looks to be the only way

3. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Les Gets, France
    I think you could use google photos to sort/show them by date and then select them when sorted to create a folder/album for each date if you need to do that. Google photos will run as a chrome app on PCs.

Tags: