• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App to limit frequency of incoming calls?

Oneill5491

Lurker
Dec 6, 2013
Hey all,

I'm desperately looking around to find an app that would allow me to limit the frequency of incoming calls from a particular phone number without blocking it completely.

Preferably, what I would like is an app that detects if an incoming call came in from a particular number, and regardless of whether I answer it or not, it proceeds to block it for the next hour (or whatever length of time I define). This would be nice if it was automated, but if I can manually access such a control within an app (like a DnD function) that allows me to block a number for a limited period of time (that auto expires and unblocks the number), that would suffice.

FYI, incoming call scheduling is not what I'm looking for. I want the number to call me anytime of day, I just need to limit the frequency of said calls without having to use a generic call blocker where I have to manually block the number and then manually unblock it later.

Any app suggestions would be much appreciated if there is such an app with these advanced call limiting functions.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones