1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

App to lock screen and all buttons from kids?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by merc1286, Jan 1, 2014.

1. merc1286

merc1286 Lurker
    None

May 2, 2011
    Hi all, I have twin toddlers who love watching videos on our phones/tablets. The problem is that they are too young to understand that pushing the buttons or touching the screen stops the video.

So I'm looking for an app the will disable ALL input - screen touches, volume/home physical buttons, etc. I am thinking the parent can unlock it by tapping a specific sequence on the screen, or holding the volume + home buttons for 5 seconds or something.

Does that exist? I have found some apps that block screen input, but usually at least the home button still works. It would be OK if maybe the volume buttons still worked (they really focus their pushing on the home button), but I would really like everything else locked down.

I've tried Kids Video Player, but that only blocks touches. So does Argus touch blocker. Any other suggestions?

EDIT: It turns out that argotronics Argus Touch blocker is actually perfect. On my Galaxy S3, it locks the screen and has an option to lock the 3 buttons at the bottom. It keeps volume and Screen Lock buttons active.

Advertisement

2. lee abk

lee abk Lurker
    None

Aug 4, 2013
    'Child proof gadget' is good.