• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help App to monitor the mic

Siriusly

Lurker
Feb 25, 2016
Hello.
I am looking for an app that will turn on my microphone like an intercomm and play it back through the headphones when they are plugged in.

This is for the purpose of being able to hear what's going on around me when I am listening to music. I need an app that will monitor audio through the phones mic and intercomm it all the time; but only when headphones are in and be able to run in the background while other music/ audio apps are playing.

Ain't going to happen....

Android will only pipe audio from once source at a time.... at least for me, that is all it will do.

as for the apps, I tried a lot of them when looking for one to help me out with deaf ears...
I forget what search term I used now,but i found that the apps all have a severe problem, in that they do NOT pickup audio from more than about 3-5 feet away from you....

I uninstalled everyone that I tried, and that was at least 10 of them.
Voice Recorder is what I use now, it is Awesome, picks up everything in an office sized room.
I go back and listen later to what was said to be sure that I picked up on everything.

* Voice Recorder 2.15.04081040.apk | Download free android apk files

This is what the Icon looks like, Voice Recorder.png

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones