• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help App to show location on PC ?

Mike777

May 15, 2010
Hi all

I often go for long distance bike rides and wondered whether there an app so if I have an accident or breakdown my wife could log on her PC and see my location.

Either a continuous track or maybe I could push a button on my desire which would up load my position at that point in time

Many thanks for your time

Regards

Mike

I'm not certain, but doesn't Google Latitude do this?

If not, then you could use Tasker. I have it programmed so that if I text a certain string to my phone from my wife's mobile, my phone will automatically text her back with my coordinates. Primarily did this so I can locate the phone if I lose it or it gets stolen, but it could also enable my wife to locate me when I have the phone with me. I'm just wondering now whether I really wanted to do this! :-D

Upvote 0
instamapper GPS tracker.

Does exactly what you are asking for

At last. A use for that app :)

I used to have it on blackberry. I wanted it incase it was stolen, but the dev told me they wouldn't allow covert tracking which meant when booted - it told the thieves that the phone was tracked and it could be exited from that screen :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones