1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips App to stream music off USB C memory stick

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pcmxa, Sep 17, 2016.

1. pcmxa

pcmxa Member
    None

Dec 31, 2012
    So I'm looking for an app capable of playing music off music stored on a usb type c memory stick. The phone finds the files fine and I can use the stock file explorer to play a file, but I can't find any aids that can play the files. I've tried Blackplayer, PowerAmp, Pi Player, none can see the USB C stick but will play files if I double click on one of the files through explorer. So I'm just wondering if what.i want to do is possible. Would just like to take a lot more music with me and have an easy way to play it while I'm overseas and away from the internet. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. exninja

exninja Android Enthusiast

Oct 9, 2011
    AZ
    I know it's not a fix, more like a bandaid, but...maybe just transfer files to your phone periodically? you can fit a LOT of music in a few GB's, and it would use quite a bit less power to read from the phone's memory than from a USB stick. Not to mention a lot easier to carry the phone around without a usb stick sticking out of the bottom.

3. pcmxa

pcmxa Member
    None

Dec 31, 2012
    that's probably what I'll do, for now. Just need to compress some lossless files so the album's aren't so huge. Then get an otg cable in case I want access to my whole library offline.

4. pcmxa

pcmxa Member
    None

Dec 31, 2012
    Just an update. The solution I found for now is USB Media Explorer. It reads files on the external flash dive directly and you can build playlists etc.

SiempreTuna likes this.
  5. Julien Helme

Julien Helme Lurker
    None

Oct 14, 2016
    VLC media pkayer

6. pcmxa

pcmxa Member
    None

Dec 31, 2012
    I can't get VLC to see the memory stick for some reason. It would be nice if I could. That's a great app.

Tags: