1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

App to tell other apps to store cached files on SD Card

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by insanity82007, Aug 23, 2012.

1. insanity82007

insanity82007 Lurker

Does such an app exist?

I'm using Grooveshark but it stores all the cached offline files on the internal phone storage in this directory:
    Android\data\com.grooveshark.android.v1

I've tried moving the app to the SD card but it still insists on putting these cached files in the internal storage. I tried Link2SD but that doesn't work. It only moves the app.

Any ideas??? Do I even need an app?

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. myshkin

myshkin Android Enthusiast

You mentioned you tried Link2SD, is your SDCard partitioned? If not, that app isn't going to work correctly for you. If so, and I'm not trying to sound insulting here, but a lot people really don't understand how to use it properly, are you sure you used it properly? You don't just move an app to sd with it. Like your app for instance, are you are using a grooveshark app and not tinyshark? hmm, you learn something new everyday, I didn't realize they had an app called grooveshark for android. anyway, you would click on that app and then click "create link". then you will have the option to do two sometimes three links, link qpplication file, link dalvik-cache file, and then sometimes on some apps you can link library files. when you check those and hit ok it links them and then on your list of apps it will say linked->sd card.If you just moved it then it just says on sd card. IF your card is partitioned you can hit menu and then storage info and it will tell you how much internal/data you have free, sd card free, sd card 2nd partition free, /system free, and then at the bottom cache free, like my cache free is 90%. If you already knew all this I do apologize, but perhaps someone else can learn from it. Now I wonder, do you think it will still play properly if it's stored on the sd card?? So my next question is, are you rooted? Can you go ahead and put the app on your sd card and then use a file browser and get the cache files and move them to your sd card as well? You would have to rename them, change the permissions and owner, but you could try that. Is it just taking up a lot of internal data space? Because my sd card (16) is partitioned with an ext4, I don't bother with a swap, and I have a butt load of stuff on my phone. I use the tsf shell launcher and i have way too many themes for it, over 200 apps, I forget how many pics, I have over 400 songs and i have 78% free on internal/data, 57 on sd card, 86 on second partition, but I only have 9% left on system memory and then the 90 on cache. I just looked and I can't find a particular app for what you're wanting. I think the only way, is if you are rooted and can actually move those files and change all the stuff like I said.....I think.

Anna