• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App to Turn Off LCD but Prevent Internet from Sleeping

firnnauriel

Lurker
Jun 24, 2013
Are there any available apps or configuration setting that will prevent the mobile internet data connection from sleeping when the phone's LCD is turned off? This is very useful when using Waze when commuting. I don't want to let other users see what's in my phone so I need to turn it off. However, when I want to report something and I turned it on, the internet connection seems to got lost.

Thanks for advance to anyone who can help me on this.

Settings-->wireless and networks-->WiFi settings-->menu button-->advanced settings-->WiFi sleep policy NEVER

don't need any app

that's an interesting setting. thanks for sharing that. but i think i won't set it to Never right now, since mine is already working. also, i'm not sure if that setting will only affect WiFi, not the mobile data connection.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones