1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

App to view hidden files on non-rooted phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EdNerd, Apr 24, 2012.

1. EdNerd

EdNerd Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend an app that will let me view and access hidden files on my phone?

Ed

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BDogg718k

BDogg718k Well-Known Member

pretty sure u need to be rooted to do that. you can try astro file manager. what files were you trying to access?

3. EdNerd

EdNerd Well-Known Member

Files in the /data/data/ directory.

4. BDogg718k

you need to be rooted to access those files from the phone. what do u need in that folder?

5. EdNerd

EdNerd Well-Known Member

I think that's where some app files are that I want to back up. I also wanted to see some other files for an app or two. I'm used to a Windows computer where I can access a folder that an app creates when installed -- but I can't see any app folders on my phone??

6. BDogg718k

u need superuser permissions on your phone to access data/data files. If you use astro file manager(free on market) it allows u to backup apps. If u want access to any and all files on phone you need to root it. not hard btw.

7. BDogg718k

Titanium backup is very good too

8. kendranielson

kendranielson Lurker

I just want to snoop...what are in my hidden files. What is rooting, how does it effect my phone?

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews