• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help app uninstalled itself and now icon can't be moved

dr4sight

Sep 6, 2011
Saugerties, NY
Hi,
I'm brand new to this forum and only a couple of weeks into using my Optimus V phone on the Virgin Mobile network.
A few days after getting the phone I installed the Dolphin Mini browser and like it a lot.
Out of the blue today when I touch the icon for it the message I get is APPLICATION IS NOT INSTALLED.
So I went back to the market and reinstalled that app and brought the icon to the front screen where it sits next to the original icon for that browser.
I now want to delete that icon but it won't move.

In another thread someone mentioned an "arrange icons" option but I haven't been able to find it.

So I'm looking for help on deleting the recalcitrant icon. And I wonder whether apps just uninstall themselves on Android phones. If so, that would be most annoying.

thanks

Welcome to the forums, Dr4sight. (I like your username BTW)

Couple of things to try, reboot the phone. See if that gets rid of that icon.

When you see the icon, is it the Dolphin Mini icon or is it a generic icon? If it's the generic icon, that app might be installed in your SD card and if your phone is having issues reading the SD card then you'll see that generic icon and it'll say "application not installed." So make sure your SD card is properly working.

I hope one of those suggestions helps. If not, can you tell us what phone you have so we can direct you to people who have the same phone?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones