1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

app uninstalled itself and now icon can't be moved

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dr4sight, Sep 6, 2011.

1. dr4sight

dr4sight Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I'm brand new to this forum and only a couple of weeks into using my Optimus V phone on the Virgin Mobile network.
    A few days after getting the phone I installed the Dolphin Mini browser and like it a lot.
    Out of the blue today when I touch the icon for it the message I get is APPLICATION IS NOT INSTALLED.
    So I went back to the market and reinstalled that app and brought the icon to the front screen where it sits next to the original icon for that browser.
    I now want to delete that icon but it won't move.

In another thread someone mentioned an "arrange icons" option but I haven't been able to find it.

So I'm looking for help on deleting the recalcitrant icon. And I wonder whether apps just uninstall themselves on Android phones. If so, that would be most annoying.

thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. landovr

landovr Android Enthusiast

I guessing you have tried to long press on the icon and drag it to the remove section at the bottom? Also have you tried restarting your phone and doing this?

3. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert

Welcome to the forums, Dr4sight. (I like your username BTW)

Couple of things to try, reboot the phone. See if that gets rid of that icon.

When you see the icon, is it the Dolphin Mini icon or is it a generic icon? If it's the generic icon, that app might be installed in your SD card and if your phone is having issues reading the SD card then you'll see that generic icon and it'll say "application not installed." So make sure your SD card is properly working.

I hope one of those suggestions helps. If not, can you tell us what phone you have so we can direct you to people who have the same phone?

4. Saltine713

Saltine713 Android Enthusiast

You should be able to long-press the shortcut and drag/drop it. It is just the shortcut, not the actual app, so it can't be corrupted.

5. dr4sight

dr4sight Well-Known Member

The long press never worked but - happily - after turning off the phone for an hour and then turning it back on the long press worked. In fact it left me with two copies of the same browser on the screen.

So that flighty problem is solved.

Thanks for the ideas.

6. ubharathu

ubharathu Lurker

just restart your smart phone..the icon diappears.. it works great for me..!!
    If you still face the problem then remove memory card-switch off ur smart phone-re insert memory card-switch on ur phone..
    If you still face then face it..!!:rolleyes:

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews