1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

App update download freeze

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by erician, Jan 23, 2016.

1. erician

erician Member

Any clue as to why - and how to remedy that - 4 of my 15 app updates' freeze at around 10% into the download?

I should have sufficient storage space

Volt 4.2.2.

Thx

Curtis1973 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Parayilhussain

Parayilhussain Android Enthusiast

Have you Google play services version 8.4.89 and Google play store version 6.0.5,if so clear data in play store and in download manager, clear cache in storage, reboot device or switch off for sometime and switch on.

3. erician

erician Member

Thx but still no go, except...

I rebooted after clearing all caches you mentioned EXCEPT for the one in "download manager", as it's one I don't recall seeing, nor can I find, it

Unless it actually goes by another name?

4. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Android Expert

If you are depending on lte for the updates to go through,you could be experiencing network bottleneck...the updates will slow to a crawl and fail if you are trying to let them all update simultaneously. try it on wifi. if you need to do it on lte...then update them one or two at a time. I suspect network bandwidth is the problem. More so then anything else.

tube517 and Maq Bee like this.
  5. Parayilhussain

Parayilhussain Android Enthusiast

Go to settings>storage> apps ,select all scroll down for download manager, if not there ,see in disabled list, and tap to enable, and clear data . if not fix ,enable WiFi uninstall update in play store,play store update automatically.

6. erician

erician Member

Thx, but I've been attempting the updates via various wifi servers - and now, one at a time - exclusively

7. erician

erician Member

Followed your instructions with no improvement

At least, not until I (skeptically) retried, this morning when I HAD to get Messenger back and found that it - and a few other apps - successfully updated..wt...!!!?

X-ing fingers while I try the last two remaining updates of apps that are critical to my very existence

Wish me luck...and thx to all for your support

(later...)

Everything updated fine...plus I added an app (VLC)

Still relatively clueless but at least I've some idea as to what not-so-evident remedies might help in the future should I have more problems

Thx again!

#7 erician, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016