• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App update is available but no option to update??

OstrichSaK

Android Expert
Nov 22, 2009
Colorado, USA
A quick search reviews no solutions to this.

Anyone else having this issue? I open Market, go to My Apps and there will be one or two at the top that have updates available. I click them to read what's new and the ONLY options are to open or uninstall. Normally when you have an update available the options are to update or uninstall. I will have to open & closer several times and in most cases come back several hours later and then the update option will finally be there. I have the latest version of the Market (which I HATE the new style BTW) and am running CM7 on a HTC Evo 4G on Sprint if any of that matters.

Just wait a few hours and check back. The updates will show up. Probably still syncing on the Market servers.

That's not really a solution nor is it anything I didn't already state in my original post.

I never had this problem in any of the previous versions of the Market & I'm trying to see who else is having this problem and what, if any, fixes there are. I hate this newest version of the market. It's ugly, full of advertising and now it has problems that it never had before.

Upvote 0
That's not really a solution nor is it anything I didn't already state in my original post.

I never had this problem in any of the previous versions of the Market & I'm trying to see who else is having this problem and what, if any, fixes there are. I hate this newest version of the market. It's ugly, full of advertising and now it has problems that it never had before.

I've had this same problem for a few apps in the last couple of weeks, too.

Waiting a bit and checking back did seem to do the trick. I suppose I could have done a clear of the cache for my Market app, but haven't resorted to trying that yet...

Upvote 0
I've had this same problem for a few apps in the last couple of weeks, too.

Waiting a bit and checking back did seem to do the trick. I suppose I could have done a clear of the cache for my Market app, but haven't resorted to trying that yet...

It's not worth that much effort but I wanted to know if it was just me since I'm rooted with a pre-release version of CM7 and am too lazy to get the latest ROM since everything seems to be working fine for months now. It's been longer than the last few weeks for me and I can trace it back to this newest version of the market just after the version that was only apps before they started adding all the movies, songs, advertisements and crap like that. Pretty frustrating since I never liked this newer version to begin with and fought it tooth and nail and even loaded older versions for the longest time to avoid using it.

Upvote 0
It's not worth that much effort but I wanted to know if it was just me since I'm rooted with a pre-release version of CM7 and am too lazy to get the latest ROM since everything seems to be working fine for months now. It's been longer than the last few weeks for me and I can trace it back to this newest version of the market just after the version that was only apps before they started adding all the movies, songs, advertisements and crap like that. Pretty frustrating since I never liked this newer version to begin with and fought it tooth and nail and even loaded older versions for the longest time to avoid using it.

Yeah, I'm sure you're right that its the new Market app itself...I'm on AOKP (a 4.0.3 ICS ROM for the Galaxy Nexus) and thinking I might have had the issues on vanilla ICS, too.

I've published a few apps to the Market, too, and I've noticed strange delays in how soon my updated information shows up after I've saved it in the developer console. I'm guessing that since there's just so many Android devices out there nowadays, the Market servers that provide and publish these updates often get busy and overloaded (a year ago the updates showed-up almost instantaneously).

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm sure you're right that its the new Market app itself...I'm on AOKP (a 4.0.3 ICS ROM for the Galaxy Nexus) and thinking I might have had the issues on vanilla ICS, too.

Yeah, it's been going on for me for a while for sure.

I've published a few apps to the Market, too, and I've noticed strange delays in how soon my updated information shows up after I've saved it in the developer console. I'm guessing that since there's just so many Android devices out there nowadays, the Market servers that provide and publish these updates often get busy and overloaded (a year ago the updates showed-up almost instantaneously).

That might have more to do with the new 'Bouncer' they've been testing behind the scenes for a while now. It scans uploaded apps for viruses & malware before allowing them available for public consumption. I don't think it's related to this though as this has been going on for quite a long time now and that's relatively new by comparison.

Upvote 0
I've experienced it too, though I'm not sure that it's the Market. I think the cause is on the Dev's end, if there's a problem with the file being uploaded or something. I ran into it a few weeks ago, emailed the Dev who noticed the problem and fixed it.

It seems like it happens more often than not to me so I'm not sure it's a last minute pull down by the dev. It also never happened in the previous app-only version of the Market on my same device. It feels more like a Market issue to me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones