1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[App] YouAreHere - Location aware/Point of Interest/Deals/Social

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by wubbzy, Dec 19, 2011.

1. wubbzy

wubbzy Well-Known Member

You Are Here v1.6.0
    Requirements: Android 2.1+
    Overview: Great pub near work, New to town, need a clue? Last minute gifts? Just a couple of clicks. A game of golf, hole in the wall? we've got it all. Found a good deal, yes you can TagIt! and share it on your social network. Got Tag? Yes we do - deals, coupons, bargains etc. Forgot Costco coupon book? Two clicks and you got it! We simplified search on Google map. We overlaid it with your favorite retailers with large colorful logos and tags. Searching for Starbucks? Just pan around a little bit to spot the famous Starbucks logo.

Download from
    Android Market: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.roundere

-- OR --

[​IMG]

Keep in mind that features appeared in beta can change.
    New features in this beta:
    - Performance enhancement in map mode. Should be faster pan/load
    - Category view got a nice face lift
    - In Category now you can sort by distance or by brand name
    - No more searching, just filter what you like to see on the map and category.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Youtube video

• Simple and idiot-proof interface
    • Best battery saving in location based class; don't believe us? go ahead turn off your GPS we will maintain full functionality
    • Largest US retailer interactive directory with large colorful logos and tags
    • Scan beyond your location; why limit yourself and still no search
    • Deal tagging (add/view) and sharing on social networks, SMS, Email etc.
    • Two clicks to direction, two to phone and one for detailed search that you want
    • Those who believe in big foot, we still have search.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Add feature request in this thread or email info@roundere.com

More Info:
    Code (Text):
    1. http://roundere.com
    2. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.roundere
    Download Instructions:
    You Are Here Tag
    FAQ:
    You Are Here Tag

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. wubbzy

wubbzy Well-Known Member

Some users have reported seeing only 'flags' instead of logos. This gets fixed by reseting the app data. You can do it via Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->You Are here->Clear data (some phone may call it clear cache or something similar)

3. wubbzy

wubbzy Well-Known Member

minor fix, up'd the version to 1.0.4 due to minor gps issue.

4. wubbzy

wubbzy Well-Known Member

released major upgrade in 1.5.0 with deal/coupon tags. You can add your own deals as a business owner or as as customer if you like what you see.

Lot of new data as well
    - Night life
    - pubs
    - hang out spots

5. wubbzy

wubbzy Well-Known Member

New demo video better than first one (also updated in original post)

Please do let us know your feedback. If anyone is interested, can share how to on doing app videos.

6. wubbzy

wubbzy Well-Known Member

Released v1.5.1 has minor bug fixes to make it stable on Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.x). Hope you enjoy.

afdomamay likes this.
  7. afdomamay

afdomamay Newbie

Thanks for sharing this app. I have used yellowpage and yelp apps before for searching for places to go. Let me tell you, after 2 days of using this I don't have to touch those apps any more. Your layout on the map is so intuitive. The automatic searching on the web when clicking on each icon is so useful for local places. Now I can do my golf game and find places to eat afterward all in one app. Fantastic.

afd.

8. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert

Looks promising. Freezes on GB2.3.5 on my Galaxy Player 5.0 when zooming or scrolling outside the 2 or 3 mile "zone". Tried zooming out to approx. "city" view, and searched for golf courses and returned nothing. Google Places seems to find more, but this app is more fun and easier to use. Sometimes when I open the app, it takes almost a minute for logos to pop onto the screen.

9. wubbzy

wubbzy Well-Known Member

afd,

I am glad you like this. Please do post if you find any issue. We will be glad to address.

tcat007,

we don't have galaxy 5.0 to test with in out mix. When you zoom out very far, is it just slow or completely froze ? You phone is much more powerful than any of the phone we are testing so, it should be able to handle large set of icons. When it is operating slowly are you using 3g/4g or are you on Wifi ?

wubbzy

10. afdomamay

afdomamay Newbie

wubbzy,

I was at Safeway today and saw a $25 giveaway sign at the Pharmacy and thought about your Tag coupon. Pull out the camera and snap and posted the deal. This is amazing.

afd

11. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert

It's actually more when I scroll than zoom. If I zoom out a little, then scroll to find places maybe 50 miles away, it just seems to freeze. If I then try to scroll (swipe), the map doesn't move, but the address bar on top changes (new city and zip, not in the area of the map). Zoom buttons quit working, and there are no icons on the map. If I quit (back button), kill app, and restart all is well.

Also if I have the whole city of Austin on the screen (lots of icons and flags), and I search golf courses, I get "you're in a black hole"... no golf courses in the "list" either.

12. wubbzy

wubbzy Well-Known Member

afd,

Thanks for sharing a new deal. I saw it show up on my test phones last night. :)

wubbzy

13. wubbzy

wubbzy Well-Known Member

tcat007,

Thanks for more detail. When you had this problem were you on wifi or cell network ? We might have a beta version ready this weekend for testing that might correct the freeze/slow load issues. Would you like to help to test this ?

For the golf courses, we are checking with the data provider to see why we are missing so many in your areas.

wubbzy

14. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert

It's a Galaxy Player 5.0... wifi only. Happy to test a beta.

15. wubbzy

wubbzy Well-Known Member

Hi Tcat007,

Our data provider told us they just pushed a load of golf data today. Hopefully Austin will start to show up soon. You might have to remove cached data to see them.

I will let you know about beta later today or tomorrow.

wubbzy

16. afdomamay

afdomamay Newbie

nice job on the golf courses.

I just posted a Baskin Robbins coupon :)

17. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert

Yes! There were none by my house, now there are 5. Still freezes if I scroll very far, but seems ok if I zoom out then back in. The attached coupons/deals are a nice feature. Seems to link well to maps and nav.:)

18. wubbzy

wubbzy Well-Known Member

Latest beta is out for testing. Check it out. See main thread for features added. If you have feedback please post here.

Thanks

19. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

Here you go, wubbzy, I've moved your thread to the Application Announcements area per your request :).

Cheers and good luck with the app!

-SA

wubbzy likes this.
  20. wubbzy

wubbzy Well-Known Member

Alien, Thanks!

Tcat007,

Can you test out this beta with your galaxy player 5.0 please ?

thanks,

wubbzy

21. wubbzy

wubbzy Well-Known Member

tcat007, did you get the chance to test this out to see if you still seeing slow problem on the map panning ?

22. wubbzy

wubbzy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

http://market.android.com/details?id=com.roundere

improvements
    - more lean, less more and better performance [directly translates to more battery saving]
    - filter the clutter to wade thru the hay stack - watch it as it dynamically removes stuff you don't need from map and list

[​IMG]

23. wubbzy

wubbzy Well-Known Member

please do update to v1.6.1 as it fixes the recently reported crash issue.

afdomamay likes this.
  24. afdomamay

afdomamay Newbie

Just updated 1.6.1 today. Filter on map and category list woks really well.

thanks

25. wubbzy

wubbzy Well-Known Member

some kind soul posted that filter is not working on HTC thunderbolt, I'm unable to reproduce the problem.

If anyone out there has same problem, can you please (pretty please) let me know the steps to reproduce it?