• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[App] YouAreHere - Location aware/Point of Interest/Deals/Social

Filter can't be clear after setting it. Am I missing something ? I had to wipe data to start over.

Thanks, good catch :)

Just posted new beta that fixes those. Its available at same location - http://www.roundere.com/YouAreHere_1.6.2_filterUI_beta.apk

This also adds a clear button to the category filter to clear everything in one go.

Also remember that even though search seemingly brings up similar looking keyword filter, they're different. The keyword will save your preferences, whereas search will temporarily override the filters. But when you're done with search don't forget to clear it to go back to your filters :D

Upvote 0
Improved filter UI

• Filters are saved/restored across application startup
  • Set filters by category (not all categories will be available at all location) i.e. Gas, Food, Department Store, Banks etc. or by keyword (for even finer control) e.g. taco bell, Bay's Bistro etc.
  • Search overrides all filters temporarily. don't forget to remove keywords from search

Upvote 0
I was in Manhattan, NY over the weekend for business, and I see you got plenty of data there. So much data that I see more fork and spools than anything else on the map. The new filter worked out great in that situation. The good part is that I was able to hit a few places for lunch with your app but I noticed that there isn't a way to filter by cuisine type, which I think would be a nice feature that you should add.

Upvote 0
1.6.3 out yesterday night, some minor bug fixes and list UI overhaul.

would be interested to know if you like the new list UI? :)

EB9BLhboRLEDp-zCQzHpROyLAJTiXcU8T9KkzzGdbaxqbJGGxkuE1MqD5Bg91ILqHEg

Upvote 0
v.1.6.5 out today, primary features:

• performance enhancements
  • talks to "newer clustered backend" for faster response times
  • Lot more data. If you have previously installed the app please upgrade as newer data is incompatible with previous versions. You can still use previous version, that however, would be restricted to use old data set.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones