• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root App2sd and corrupted SD card

topcorner

Jan 10, 2010
Ok so my Hero was working fine until I rebooted my phone and I got the infamous "The SD card is damaged" for the second time since I've had my Hero. The first time happened quite a while ago which again happened after my phone was just switched on. My card is a genuine Sandisk 8gb class 4 and I know it works fine.

The card wouldn't even format with the Hero!:mad: I ended up formatting from my pc with success but I noticed some apps missing. I googled this sd card corruption issue and no one seems to know the cause and it really puts me off of storing any important data on the phone. It is not very convenient and would of been an major annoyance if I was on holiday, or somewhere away from home for a long period of time where I would need Google Maps for example.

My question is, why are some apps missing and the rest are there and seem to be working fine( from the few apps I tried) ?

How do I revert back to apps being installed to the internal memory if I choose to do so ? I have the apps already backed up with titanium backup on my pc.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones