1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

app2sd problem when sd card gets swapped

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by f1vlad, Nov 12, 2009.

1. f1vlad

f1vlad Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Web Developer
    Nashua,NH
    Hey guys, so I have a problem. What happened was I had sdcard that I had thought had only one partition. So I decided to prep it for app2sd and repartition everything.

When I was done, I booted my phone to realised that none of the earlier installed apps were working. I realised that probably long time ago, I had ext2 partition setup and I simply forgot about it. And when I started using Cyanogen recent builds, it simply started using that ext2 partition without my realising.

I still cannot recall having done it, but I think this is what happened.

Right now though I have an issue. All apps that were installed are missing. For instance, when I click Google Voice it says package cannot be found. When I go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications, I see all these apps in there, when I go to details view, I cannot Uninstall them though.

The question is, is there a way to somehow remove these from registry via shell or any other way? The problem is I cannot install all these missing and essential apps because they're appearing as already installed :(

Thanks for your help,
    Vlad

Advertisement

2. f1vlad

f1vlad Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Web Developer
    Nashua,NH
    update: so I booted holding HOME + POWER and then chose "Factory restore" that solved the problem and now all my _newer_ apps were available which is nice and old once I can install again now. I guess this microsd card becomes "married" to the phone if I can use that term.