• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

mr.megi

May 27, 2010
I have try to install App2Sd like this
Turn off the phone
Press ‘Volume down + Call/Answer + Power’ key to enter into recovery mode OR
Using adb shell type ‘reboot recovery’
Select ‘Partition sd card’
Select the size of partition (256, 384 or 512) then press ‘Home’ to confirm
Wait until ‘Format SDCARD complete’ appears then reboot
Check phone
after this all files in the memorystick are deleted and i dont know how to check if i can move apps to sd card
any idea ?

You don't move apps to SD card as such. Once you enable Apps2SD they are stored there automatically when you install them. Apps installed prior to using Apps2SD will still be in main memory.

As you have adb you can browse to

/system/sd/app/

This is where is where Apps2SD stores it's files.

Or alternatively use Android Commander

More info on

Android Commander

Reactions: mr.megi
Upvote 0
so if i install a app they installs automaticly in the sd card right ?
Yes.
my internal phone storage is now : 93.21 mb even that i have more than 30 apps installed
Connect your phone via USB, then from a cmd prompt on your PC.
Code:
adb shell
ls -l  /system/sd/app
This should display apps installed on the SD card.

Reactions: mr.megi
Upvote 0
I am running froyo,which has the app2sd built in. I use an app called superbox. It has many features and app2sd is one of them. Some apps get installed directly to the sd card and with some apps I get a message from the superbox app once a new app is installed that it can be moved to the sd card. This is a wonderful feature and I personally want to see a lot more apps go that route. Free up more space on the phones memory. And I'm sorry to those of u that are running android 2.1 and havnt rooted and can't use this wonderful feature. And superbox is free and available in the android market.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones