• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apparently You Can't Resell Your 1500$ Google Glass if You're an Explorer

Wow, someone posted their glass on ebay (before he even received it and not knowing he wasn't supposed to do so) and the bids reached 95000+ ... this is a device that has been said to have a release date before the holiday season this year and have a price tag of 250 - 500USD .. and those figures come from google themselves ... people just need to be patient! haha

Upvote 0
I was staying quite up to date with it for a while, and in many interviews with team x members they said they see the release before the end of the year.

I too find it amusing that they were able to get people to pay them to be beta testers for the unfinished product.. But I am sure that there aren't too many major bugs being they have been tested by google employees before the beta test was started.

here is a video that I found a couple months ago that I liked (they even show the original prototype lol)

Upvote 0
I was staying quite up to date with it for a while, and in many interviews with team x members they said they see the release before the end of the year.

I too find it amusing that they were able to get people to pay them to be beta testers for the unfinished product.. But I am sure that there aren't too many major bugs being they have been tested by google employees before the beta test was started.

here is a video that I found a couple months ago that I liked (they even show the original prototype lol)

This is the article I was talking about:

Eric Schmidt says Google Glass retail units are about another year away

Upvote 0
Last thing I read, Google said it would probably be a year before they were ready for the general public. It's still crazy how they got all of these people to compete for the chance to pay $1500 to be a beta tester lol.

Well that's the whole point. This first release of glass is meant for Developers and people who want to try out before the final product (people with money most of the time) they want to be Guinea pigs

Reactions: mysticspiral
Upvote 0
As per the title. After some advice. Should i or shouldn't I sell my google glasses. I know there is a lot of talk about break the terms etc from getting the pair.. But too be honest, it was a spur of the moment thing and I really haven't bothered with them to be honest.

Thought I would ask on here with it being a popular android forum and from what I have seen from lurking, advice is sound.

Upvote 0
Yeah, there is a loophole in the terms that state they can be given as a gift but not sold commercially.

To be honest with you, I got caught up with all the hype of them and was one of the lucky ones to receive them. Not really my cup of tea. Will be the first to admit I am not the most tech minded of people. Think I just wanted them just to say I have them :-/

Didn't realise they were selling for that much. Wowsers

Upvote 0
Yeah, it looks like there are definitely some stipulations against re-selling them that might hamper (stop) the buyer's or gift recipient's ability to use the device :(.

Terms of Sale ? Google Glass

Resale and Gifts

You may not commercially resell any Device, but you may give the Device as a gift, unless otherwise set forth in the Device Specific Addendum. Recipients of gifts may need to open and maintain a Google Wallet account in order to receive support from Google. These Terms will also apply to any gift recipient.

Glass Explorer Edition

This Device Specific Addendum only applies if you purchase a Glass Explorer Edition Device.

You must be 18 years or older, a resident of the United States, and authorized by Google as part of the Glass Explorer program in order to purchase or use Glass Explorer Edition. Unless otherwise authorized by Google, you may only purchase one Device, and you may not resell, rent, lease, transfer, or give your Device to any other person. If you resell, rent, lease, transfer, or give your device to any other person without Google

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones