• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AppBrain App Market: wake_LOCK removed

Hello,

A rather cool application. Sync, use of Google account instead of yet another user/password combination, reviews, all pretty well done.

The team also reacted quickly to the wake lock problem the previous version had.

Mind you it's AdWare. I would which for a Pro version as I hate advertising and also don't have an unlimited data plan.

Martin

Hello,

At first I considered a rather cool application. Sync, use of Google account, reviews, all pretty well. But then I noticed two things:

• It's AdWare. So where is the Pro version for those either hate advertising or don't have an unlimited data plan?
  • My phone would not go to sleep any more. And guess what ? AppBrain has android.permission.WAKE_LOCK permission.

AppBrain is not a Media player or eBook reader - why would AppBrain need such a dangerous permission as WAKE_LOCK? One tiny bug and WAKE_LOCK will flatten the battery.

De-Install and marked as malicious.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones