1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Appbrain download hangs in market

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by metadog, Oct 21, 2010.

1. metadog

metadog Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Hi!

I was having apps hang on download from the appbrain market app. This was during an appbrain update. So I uninstalled appbrain. The downloads pending went through, but the appbrain update is now hanging in the downloads from the Android Marketplace. It just says "downloading." I can't kill the process. I have rebooted the phone, manually killed the process. I get this message: "Sorry! The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Then "Force Close." I want appbrain back, I love the service, but I don't know what to do.

I have a Droid 2.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. ceppm

ceppm New Member

Jan 16, 2010
    London
    I have the same problem on HTC HERO running FroydVillain 1.5.

Managed to stop Appbrain downloading process by going into settings>applications>manage applications, then select Market and clear data. When i went back to market, Appbrain downloading had stopped. My problem is tha now nothing downloads or updates.

3. redbusdriver

redbusdriver New Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Same message as metadog from a failed update to two apps. By trial and error I did a long press on each app that was hanging. A pop up gave two options, the second being cancel download (not the cancel at the bottom of screen). It worked as advertised. Then I just re selected the app in the market and re downloaded it.

Your mileage may vary, but worth a try! (hope it works for you)