• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Appbrain download hangs in market

metadog

Oct 21, 2010
Hi!

I was having apps hang on download from the appbrain market app. This was during an appbrain update. So I uninstalled appbrain. The downloads pending went through, but the appbrain update is now hanging in the downloads from the Android Marketplace. It just says "downloading." I can't kill the process. I have rebooted the phone, manually killed the process. I get this message: "Sorry! The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Then "Force Close." I want appbrain back, I love the service, but I don't know what to do.

I have a Droid 2.

Thanks!

Same message as metadog from a failed update to two apps. By trial and error I did a long press on each app that was hanging. A pop up gave two options, the second being cancel download (not the cancel at the bottom of screen). It worked as advertised. Then I just re selected the app in the market and re downloaded it.

Your mileage may vary, but worth a try! (hope it works for you)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones