1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Appbrain Fast Web Installer has been reactivated

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nycebo, Feb 7, 2011.

1. nycebo

nycebo Android Enthusiast

Alas, I can't get it to work. It keeps telling me that I haven't activated it on my device...which I have. Has anyone else had success on their DX?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled

I tried but it didn't work for me either. I suspect the failure rate will exactly track the Market Web failure rate. I'll bet they are using the same mechanism.

3. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Android Expert

I haven't used App Brain much since the Market updated to the new platform.

4. foo

foo Android Enthusiast

Don't understand why people are still using AppBrain now

5. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled

Since the Web Market doesn't work for me and it was announced AppBrain was back, it was worth a try. I like AppBrain better than the Web Market from an interface standpoint. I can't comment on functionality.

6. foo

foo Android Enthusiast

Ya. I suppose it never hurts. I actually am the opposite. I never really liked AppBrain b/c of the interface. The sleek/clean look of google's online market has drawn me in for sure. :cool:

7. nycebo

nycebo Android Enthusiast

Totally agree with the Market vs Appbrain comments, but I do wish that the Market would allow filtering, sorting by rating, etc.

8. hahaha what

hahaha what Android Enthusiast

appbrain is much better than the official market. all there is on the official market front page all the time is the all time best selling apps that never change. on appbrain you can filter by what's popular today or this week or this month to find cool new apps

9. faber78

faber78 Guest

i like appbrain, really didnt like it when google crapped on the fast web install with the last market update.

10. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

+1. Coincidentally about the same time I quit using it. :D

11. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Android Expert

I still keep my AppBrain account and sync it everytime I flash a new ROM or do a wipe. Great way to keep track of all of your apps IMO. Why would I stop using it, is there something similar/better out there?

12. scudder

scudder Android Expert

I guess it might be a personal preference but I MUCH preferred looking online for apps, comparing them to others and then choosing to install through the Appbrain.com website....

MalikBear likes this.
  13. colchiro

MalikBear likes this.
  14. Trooper

Trooper Android Expert

Yes it works like a champ too. I prefer it over appbrain. Matter of fact, I don't like that appbrain now has ads in it. Unless it always did and I just can't remember.

But even though I'm rooted and blocking ads, it still comes through. Never cared for the fast web install either.

Android market ftw imho.

15. MalikBear

MalikBear Member

16. scudder

scudder Android Expert

Call me crazy but has this recently (and by "recent" I mean in the past 3 or 4 months) been updated so that we can sign in and install from the site?? For some reason I remember visiting this site over the summer and just kinda being able to browse?? I don't recall being able to install...:thinking:

17. Trooper

Trooper Android Expert

It only rolled out last week.

scudder likes this.
  18. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Android Expert

Awesome, I love AppBrain! Nothing better than surfing the web with my phone in my locker in a different building and still be able to install apps onto it, it's fun to show that off to my friends with iPhones!

19. colchiro

Yes, just a recent thing. Guess they liked appbrain so much the copied them. :D

20. Trooper

Trooper Android Expert

Haha maybe. But I think Google has had this in the works for awhile. It sure is a nice feature, and something the i*hone can't do!

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews