1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

AppBrain Update Notification but NOT in Market??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scudder, Feb 8, 2011.

1. scudder

scudder Android Expert

Hello...

Having an issue with AppBrain and the Market...When I sync AppBrain with my account I receive a notification that the following three apps have updates available:

Word Mix Lite
    Business Calendar
    My-Cast Weather

When I run the Market and "My Apps" which similarly SHOULD indicate that I have the same updates available, I do NOT get an update notification in the Market.

Does this have something to do with "broken Market links" that I need to restore?? I am rooted and recently did a nandroid restore but in the PAST before my restore I have seen this problem. I have Titanium for backing up and restoring my apps in addition to the nandroid restore...do I need to somehow restore market links for the above apps?? If so, how?? Or is there some other issue??

THANKS!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

If you think that's bad, I've had appbrain insist that I have an update for an app that wasn't even in the market anymore. When I selected it, it opened the market and told me the app didn't exist. Solution - select the option in titanium back to skip the update. So, in your case, you can see the app in the market, but it doesn't tell you it needs to be updated right? If you can see the app in the market, I doubt you have an issue with market links. If you suspect you do, there's an option in titanium backup to fix market links. It'll take care of any problems. That aside, though, appbrain is probably just confused. Select the app in the market, and verify it doesn't have an update, but isn't telling you in the main list. If it doesn't have an update, just select the option in appbrain to skip the update. Next time there is a real update, it should alert you again.

3. scudder

scudder Android Expert

Correct about seeing the app in the Market but not telling me about an update. I sent you a PM indicating that my problem is that my phone will NOT presently install apps on the card :thinking: That being said, the issue I mention in my OP WAS FIXED for a couple of the app, but the ones that it wasn't fixed for I kinda figured out are supposed to be installed directly on the SD card. The ones above (and others I have tried) are NOT installing on my SD card so I have other issues... :(

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews