1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps AppBucks Android SDK - New Version v1.5

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by PaulAppBucks, Aug 8, 2013.

1. PaulAppBucks

PaulAppBucks Lurker
    None

Aug 8, 2013
    Hey guys,

My name is Paul, and I'm an engineer on the AppBucks platform. I'm happy to announce that the past few months have been spent working on a variety of infrastructure upgrades as well as a new version of the SDK. We're seeing a huge increase in performance with this new upgrade including average eCPMs of $3 - $5 on Push along with $5 - $7 eCPMs on Icon.

As a bit of background, AppBucks is a mobile ad network primarily targeted to the Android platform. It is backed by Adknowledge, a company that has been in the internet advertising industry since 2004 with offices all over the world. We've been working hard on the platform since it was introduced a few months ago and would love for you guys to try us out.

The SDK supports 3 main ad units including Push Notifications, Icon Drops, and Interstitial. Integration is very simple and straight forward and we give you the flexibility to choose how soon a user gets an ad and how often thereafter. We want you to focus on making your app the best that it can be and allow us to focus on making you money from your hard work.

If anyone has any questions or feedback, please feel free to leave them here or PM me. I'd really like to hear anything you guys have to say, good or bad. We're constantly striving to provide the best platform possible and your feedback and experience helps to drive that forward. If you have technical questions, I am available for those as well. Whatever you guys need, let me know!

Thanks everyone!

Paul

Advertisement

Jprice69 likes this.
  2. PaulAppBucks

PaulAppBucks Lurker
    None

Aug 8, 2013
    Jprice69 likes this.
  3. out of ideas

out of ideas Android Enthusiast
    None

May 19, 2012
    Whats icon ads? you add a search button or something?

do you guys get flagged as a virus like similar ad networks (startapp, etc)

4. PaulAppBucks

PaulAppBucks Lurker
    None

Aug 8, 2013
    Hi,

Icon Ads (sometimes called Icon Drops) are essentially shortcuts that get installed on the user's home screen. When a user taps on the icon, they are taken to a landing page in the browser or to the app store to download an app.

No, we do not exhibit the properties of a virus and have not been flagged as such. Our ad network is fully compliant with Google Policies and requires an opt-in in your application before your users see any ads.

Thank you for your interest and I hope this helps. If you need more help, let me know.

Thanks!

Paul

5. PaulAppBucks

PaulAppBucks Lurker
    None

Aug 8, 2013
    Also, we'd like to run a promotion to spur a bit of friendly competition.

If you can get another developer to sign up with your affiliate link and they make $100, we will credit your account $50.

If you'd like to participate, let me know and I'll give you a link to use. The promotion deadline is September 9th (approximately 1 month from today).

6. out of ideas

out of ideas Android Enthusiast
    None

May 19, 2012

I didnt think you had a virus, but i was just trying to let you know that some anti-virus programs flag similar ad networks as a virus ( i think lookout and a couple others, not positive off the top of my head).

So it may be something you want to watch for. Best of luck.

7. PaulAppBucks

PaulAppBucks Lurker
    None

Aug 8, 2013
    Thanks for the heads up! Have you taken a look at the SDK? Do you have any questions I can answer for you?

8. PixelPower

PixelPower Member
    None

Jun 19, 2013
    Male
    Alright Paul I have some research into your company and it seems people have problems getting paid or contacting you.

Terrible experience with AppBucks

And a your own company rep doesn't know when AppBucks payouts occur or the amount .The Rep told a developer he thinks the company pays at $50 limit but he is not sure. That makes no sense

New icon/push Android ad network - AppBucks - Page 2

And the domain is up for sale, what happens to the people who earned money will the new buyers pay them. Why is the domain up for sale? If the company is making money .

AppBucks.com is for sale - GenericDomainMarket.com

I am very sorry but this looks like AppBucks is a scam.

9. PaulAppBucks

PaulAppBucks Lurker
    None

Aug 8, 2013
    Hi, PixelPower. Thank you for taking the time to research us. I'd like to answer each of your concerns in turn.

1. RE: Experience with AppBucks - it's true ... from time to time disagreements occur. As with any relatively large ad network, there are discrepancies and inaccuracies. The most important point is that we will always communicate one on one with you, the developer, and will always make it right. If there is a payment discrepancy and you didn't get paid what you thought you should, we will conduct a thorough investigation and cut you a check for the difference, if necessary. We are here any time you need us.

2. RE: Payment terms - the payment terms are communicated on the developer dashboard in its own tab. In fact, it is a $50 minimum for most payment transactions. This is the best in the industry that I've seen, so far.

3. RE: Domain for sale - we own www . app-bucks . com (I only separate the elements because I believe the forum turns it into an auto link as it did at the top of this thread).

Thank you again for your reply and please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions. I assure you that AppBucks is not a scam. The company behind AppBucks, Adknowledge, Inc, has been in business since 2004 and has many channels beyond our mobile division where we've been incredibly successful. You can find out more information about Adknowledge at Adknowledge | Unlocking your digital audience.

I encourage you to create an account on the AppBucks site at AppBucks :: DeveloperSignup and let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Paul

10. Joshuva Nitrr2k16

None

Aug 29, 2017
    Hi there Mr Paul. I don't know whether to applaud you for creating such a great app or curse you to depths of hell.

Why the f**k on earth are there negative points in mining. Do you know without those negatives I would've atleast 50 dollars by now. If you feel the user is taking too many points freeze the mine for half an hour every hour or reduce giving out points. Not even a masochist likes to waste his internet data and time just to get his f***IMG points reduced.
    I've attached few photos of the mine data. Look over it and tell me if it's fair to give hundred points just to subtract 95

Attached Files:

11. LV426

LV426 I say we take off and nuke this place from orbit
    Recognized Developer

Oct 16, 2015
    Male
    Software developer
    South West of England
    The OP hasn't been seen here for 4 years. I don't think he's going to respond.