• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Appears 26th of may...

That is cool, just wanted to make sure you did not expect IPS. Did not look like it was.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's not IPS. Not all IPS displays have the same viewing angle. Apple is getting the highest quality IPS from LG exclusively. So LG is using a little lower speced IPS for their phones, but still better than most other LCDs.

Upvote 0
That doesn't necessarily mean it's not IPS. Not all IPS displays have the same viewing angle. Apple is getting the highest quality IPS from LG exclusively. So LG is using a little lower speced IPS for their phones, but still better than most other LCDs.

IMO, That's kinda dumb if LG doesn't use their best display on their own phones. I can't wait to compare all these new phones. Thanks OP for the heads up

Upvote 0
While getting hands on with a demo unit in store is a good indicator of release... Promo material hit the stores today. It will be this Thursday or Next week.

Just wish it was stock Android like they showed in the early videos. :( I will just have to see if I can live with the skin, if not there is always Launcher Pro or other options.

I can't understand why these companies insist on skinning Android. It seems to me A LOT of users want pure Android. Oh well that's what replacement launchers and rooting is for I guess Lol

Upvote 0
The Dx2 is a qHD screen which is always going to look better than the sled screen found on the Rev and Tbolt.

Tough choice...

Rev - 4G/Decent hardware/Battery Life???
Charge - 4G/Decent hardware/Good Battery/Ugly shape
Dx2 - No 4G/Great hardware/Great Batter/ Ugly Shape
Dinc2 - No 4G/Decent Hardware/Great battery/Great Shape

man this is gonna be tough.
if only the dx2 had lte.

Shape is a subjective thing, some like it some don't (on any given device) from what I have read LG may have the battery life, but they also have the QI wireless charging built into the battery door (you still have to buy the charger) but its better than having to buy both the charger, and the battery door and not having it fit into a case like the TB and Charge won't.

DX2 was a consideration of mine, but I decided 4G is the better option over Dualcore, lock in while I can and look to upgrade my phone at a later point.

Upvote 0
I did read on a different forum (I read too many) from a user who has a fried at Verizon Corp and he got to play with the LG Revo for a bit and was impressed. I asked about the lack of promotion or any signs of life and his buddy told him that Verizon is doing a soft launch of the LG Revolution to avoid another "big hit" on the network on a launch day. That they will follow up post launch with promotion and marketing.

That sounds plausible given the recent hiccup in the 4G network, the TB and Charge launch issues.

Upvote 0
I did read on a different forum (I read too many) from a user who has a fried at Verizon Corp and he got to play with the LG Revo for a bit and was impressed. I asked about the lack of promotion or any signs of life and his buddy told him that Verizon is doing a soft launch of the LG Revolution to avoid another "big hit" on the network on a launch day. That they will follow up post launch with promotion and marketing.

That sounds plausible given the recent hiccup in the 4G network, the TB and Charge launch issues.

Makes sense, since the Rev is in stores now and could launch as early as tomorrow (could).

Upvote 0

Not such a soft launch if they're getting promo items already.
LG Revolution promo materials hitting stores | Android Central

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones