1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Append current time when sending SMS

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Ekimmike, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Ekimmike

Ekimmike Lurker

Hi. I was wondering if anyone knows of an app that will automatically append the time when an SMS is sent. Similar to Johannes Zweng's "SMS Sent Time", but in reverse. The reason is I'm often inpoor reception areas and SMS's that I send don't necessarily send straight away. This would give some proof that I sent an SMS at a specific time to the receiver.

Yes, I know thw receiver can check the sent time themselves, but I'd like it displayed in the SMS. Something "Hi Jack, leaving for the airport now. (Sent 14/02/2016 18:26).

I use "SMS Sent Time" and it is a great way to see when an SMS was sent to me, even though it could be hours before it hits my inbox. I'd like the people I send SMS's to know when I sent it.3

Maybe there is some sort of fancy VCard that has the date/time embedded that could be sent with each SMS. But is would be cleaner to just have some simple text.

Many thanks,

Michael

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

easier to just do it yourself.

3. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

I see there is an xposed module to do exactly that
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/mod-append-timestamp-to-outgoing-sms-t3055589

Xposed requires root and then a little more fiddling. Also not all xposed modules work with all android versions. This particular module is offered as apk which makes me nervous...I prefer to stick with open source modules.

Could be done in tasker if you're willing to build your own tasker interface for sending sms and send all your sms from there (sms sent from tasker do show up in your regular sms app just as if you'd sent them from there). Easier tasker programming approach is to have a shortcut to l tasker tall to populate clipboard with time and date, and just remember to manually activate shortcut and paste at end of every message.

#3 electricpete, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    El Presidente likes this.
  4. Ekimmike

Ekimmike Lurker

Well, yes that's true. But you could say that about anything. For example, why do we need an address book - just type in a persons phone number each time....

El Presidente likes this.