1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Apple claims gnex copies iphone slide to lock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drbugsmn, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Thai

None

Sep 24, 2010
    And that line of thought is usually from the losser's camp...not a comment about you, but this is the typical response from the loser's side in a lawsuit.

Remember, Apple is a USA company...come on, who in Germany likes us?!! :D

Advertisement

2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #
    None

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    Well, as it applies to Apple or any other sue happy company, I believe that if you throw out enough worms, you'll eventually catch a fish. Apple has an enormous number of suits filed all around the globe. So in my mind, they are bound to win a few but I don't think this validates the entire philosophy as a good thing for the company or for worldwide consumers.

I'm not an Apple hater as much as I dislike the theory of the sue all competition as a business model. Does it work? Sometimes. And in some cases, there is a legitimate complaint. But I think in Apple's case, that line has long since been crossed. The idea here seems to be one of complete market domination by all means necessary no matter the cost or consquence to other companies or consumers. Some may view that as almost heroic... a shrewd, take no prisoners approach that results in greatness and longevity in the marketplace. I believe it will eventually lead to Apple's demise.

What it really comes down to, as it so often does, is a debate of ethics. And I have nothing to gain by entertaining that here so I put forth my opinion on the matter and I'm satisfied with that being the end for my part in this discussion.

3. Thai

None

Sep 24, 2010
    Let me ask you...how many companies out there not like Apple?? You can see the above links...everyone is suing everyone. Apple is doing the most suing because they have been most innovative over the past 5-7 years...what do you expect?? Was Apple suing folks in the late 1980s when they were almost dead with no innovation since the Macintosh in the early 80's? No. Over the past several years, it is Apple that has brought the most innovation to the market...thus, the amount of lawsuits from them against the competition. You think that IF Samsung (or HTC or Motorola) was in Apple's shoes, that they will be any different???????

You think that Microsoft and Bill Gates were so kind to Apple when Apple was nearly bankrupt? Nope. Cut throat business.

4. jamisont

jamisont Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 17, 2011
    first, manufacturers sued each other too but there's differences between them and apple.
    they usually sued each other to get cross licenses, basically u cant make smartphone without using other's tech.

look apple, innovative? lmao othey were innovative on suing others i give that.
    they sued samsung for tablet being retanglar with rounded corner..

apple's suggestion to make tablet was this.

5. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #
    None

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    Indeed they were. In fact, they were setting the stage for the litany of suits we are seeing today that deal with the idea of copyright as related to "object code". Pioneered by Apple in the late 1980's.

Apple Computer Inc v Computer Edge Pty. Ltd. (1986)
    Apple Computer Inc. v Mackintosh Computers Ltd. (1987)

6. Thai

None

Sep 24, 2010
    And Sammy is different? Link:

Is Samsung really suing Apple over emoticons? (*^_^*) - latimes.com

Petty??? How is this different? :( It is not. Apple owns the slide-to-unlock patent. Sammy owns the emoticons patent. Now, they are suing each other. So, how does this make one side petty while the other the golden child?? Fanboyism strikes again!

7. Thai

None

Sep 24, 2010
  8. artman540

artman540 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 20, 2010
    Restaurant manager
    Kissimmee, Florida
    Except for the fact that Thomas Edison actually invented things. Every single thing Jobs came up with was a stolen product. Jobs said so himself.

9. jamisont

None

Dec 17, 2011
    slide to unlock, u can remove it, emoticons u can remove it too but... being rengtagle and flat surface?? u cant.
    that was apple's first lawsuit (this childish lawsuits) against samsung's galaxy tab, and asked court to prevent sales.

10. jamisont

None

Dec 17, 2011
    actiion then reaction, look who brought it to this silly lawsuits

i dont need to tell which one's bad apple.

11. Thai

None

Sep 24, 2010
    Well, you have to understand the concept of the "trade dress protection"...but i will help you:

Here's an argument that I've heard a lot and it's one that I've used myself: Apple claims that Samsung's tablets are copies of the iPad. While they do look similar, Samsung has claimed that there is no other logical way to design a tablet. Tablets are bound to look similar just the way that all cars have the same basic design, all TVs have the same design, and all pens have the same design. Why should this case be any different?

GC: "Apple apparently believes that a substantial amount of the success competitors are experiencing results from using innovations of Apple and designs associated with Apple. Apple is using these patent and trade dress claims to protect its investment in these assets, which it perceives to lawfully own for its own use.

"For example, while all cars have four wheels, a windshield, doors and fenders, not all cars need to or do look the same at a more detailed level. If Ford offered a car that looked essentially like a Corvette, one could easily imagine GM suing Ford for similar claims."

I think that you guys need to read up on some of these issues before giving uneducated answers!

12. NEXUSorBUST

NEXUSorBUST Member
    None

May 6, 2010
    Raleigh, NC

And for some reason, you seem to believe that because Apple has won some patent cases, that that makes them justified? If this is the case, you are the naive one in the forum, not the rest of these people responding. I am choosing to keep my opinion short, because clearly you are about as biased as they come when conversing about the issue of Apple and patent suits. The majority of lawsuits by Apple are completely ridiculous, regardless to whether you want to believe so or not. And if Apple thinks that Google, Samsung, and others are going to lay over and take it then they are as one-minded as you are. Microsoft has too much at stake for the success of Android to let Apple continue to sue them. Apple is clearly putting money in someone at the Patent departments pocket to be getting awarded patents for certain features they have gotten lately. Next thing you know, Apple will patent unlocking your phone and breathing simultaneously. Like whatever phone you want to, but do not be so "naive" as to believe that because they are winning some lawsuits that they are not simultaneously baseless ones. Im out

13. artman540

artman540 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 20, 2010
    Restaurant manager
    Kissimmee, Florida
    Samsung changed the automobile when they made their tablet 10.1", gave it a landscape layout, took away the gay home button which only increases bezel, and gave it a completely different rearend. Your point you were trying to make is now null and void. Enjoy the iPhone forums.

Oh yeah, sent from my $2600 Macbook Pro which pales in comparison to my wife's $1000 Samsung laptop.

14. jamisont

None

Dec 17, 2011
    r u comparing it to a car? rofl.. try to compare it to a PC monitor or Laptop monitors.
    can u make it without look similar to others??
    how about camera lens? can u make it without circle?

tablets are nothing more than touch screen with protected glasses and hardwares inside, so looks are based on the screen which is just rectangle.

15. Thai

None

Sep 24, 2010
    :rolleyes:

16. Thai

None

Sep 24, 2010
    The above was an actual analysis by people in the know...i guess that you know more...i stand corrected. :rolleyes:

17. Thai

None

Sep 24, 2010
    Well, you have bad financial taste...and don't do research before buying....

BTW, i have a PC at home...never owned a Mac nor any other Apple product beyond my lonely iPhone and Ipod Touch for my kids. And the iPhone 4s is the FIRST iPhone that i have ever had. Always had Android phones before this iPhone. So, yeah, i ain't no Apple fanboy...nor am i a fanboy of Android. Sorry to disappoint you guys.

18. Steven58

Steven58 "The Unqualified Moderator!"

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    New Jersey, US of A
    It would seem as if this thread has become more about being rude to each other rather than the topic at hand. Perhaps the thread has run its course. I'm closing it, therefore. If anyone disagrees or if you guys can stay on topic and believe this to be worthy enough to do so, I'll reopen it.

If I do reopen in infractions will have to be handed out for disregarding moderator warnings, mine and the one above.

Thread's closed. If you really want to make a case for it, PM me.

Your friend,
    Steven

Tags: