• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apple files for import ban of HTC Phones to U.S.

I blame Bill Gates, had he not bailed out Apple back in 1997 we might not have worry about this, Apple or even Steve Jobs. :)

From what little I have read these attempted import bans based on patent infringement happen from time to time and are usually much to do about nothing.

This link will give you an idea how common of a practice banning is:

The Ipad might face an import ban - play.tm

If fact Mr. Jobs might be fighting the same thing with his latest toy:

The ipad might face an import ban - The Inquirer

As others have mentioned HTC is a small company and may not have the capital to fight a long drawn out court case(s)

Upvote 0
I blame Bill Gates, had he not bailed out Apple back in 1997 we might not have worry about this, Apple or even Steve Jobs. :)

From what little I have read these attempted import bans based on patent infringement happen from time to time and are usually much to do about nothing.

This link will give you an idea how common of a practice banning is:

The Ipad might face an import ban - play.tm

If fact Mr. Jobs might be fighting the same thing with his latest toy:

The ipad might face an import ban - The Inquirer

As others have mentioned HTC is a small company and may not have the capital to fight a long drawn out court case(s)
If Microsoft didn't bail Apple out, they'd have been crushed for monopolizing the market--like a total monopoly.

Upvote 0
This would take apple right out!

Free T-Mobile Nexus One Can Kill iPhone 4G

WTF apple! Steve Jobs you POS! Fuk ur Icrapphone and you! NOT EVERYBODY WANTS TO BE RULED BY YOUR CRAP PHONE!!! THIS IS AMERICA BUDDY! I want choices! who in the fuk are you to say I can't have something different! 20 patents you want sue over!!! WHAT WHAT WHAT!!! You are kidding me!!!! FUK OFF!

Upvote 0
I really REALLY hate the way Apple conducts itself, and this iPhone I have now WILL be my FIRST and LAST Apple product I ever plan on owning. I do love my iPhone, but a lot of that is because I jailbroke it and have done stuff Apple doesn't want me to do with it, but even then, I do feel a sense of shame when I use it in public, I don't want people thinking I'm one of "those Apple people." I hate those guys!

Upvote 0
This would take apple right out!

Free T-Mobile Nexus One Can Kill iPhone 4G

WTF apple! Steve Jobs you POS! Fuk ur Icrapphone and you! NOT EVERYBODY WANTS TO BE RULED BY YOUR CRAP PHONE!!! THIS IS AMERICA BUDDY! I want choices! who in the fuk are you to say I can't have something different! 20 patents you want sue over!!! WHAT WHAT WHAT!!! You are kidding me!!!! FUK OFF!
Be careful, Jobs might use Google Goggles to hunt you down.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones